Sign in to follow this  
Redlinerobert

What's your favorite peice of fishing equipment?

Whenever I consider all the fishing equipment I have, I always seem to go back to my Abel Pliers and Knife combo.  I've had them for several years now and expect to use them til the day I die.  The fish gripper is cool too I might add. :)

BOJIY-DSC00731.JPG

My hands.  They're good looking hands.  Some of the finest I've seen.

Other than that, my boat.  

HaHa Fishtank... As I was sitting here pondering an answer to this question I was trying to decide between my Loomis Bronzeback and Symetre or my dads old Case that I have carried for years...

I think I am going to go the same way you did...this little knife has got me out of some pickles and for some reason its comforting just to knwo I have it with my no matter where I go.

So my Case XX 61048 is my winner as my favorite fishing gear..may be my favorite piece of gear for my life in general too...I love this little blade.

I have one rod, an old BPS Bionic Blade pistol grip IM6 rod I got off of Stacy King when he was cleaning his closets out.  Using that rod is like putting on an old comfortable pair of slippers.  

I hear you Cart.  New is great, but something about ole' tried and true that can never be replaced.

Polarized sunglasses...being able to see what's going on with the water and being able to spot any structure(they are almost like X-rays eyes for me).Also saved my eyes once or twice from a flying lure.

I cannot fish without my trolling motor and bow mount flasher.  I know that is 2 pieces of equipment, technically, but to me they are like conjoined twins.  They are,to me, the most important and synergistic pieces of my boat.

Tie between my GLX's and my 4runner that has off-roaded to ponds that many would have to hike to, driven to countless tournaments on far away lakes, and lets me easily throw my Pelican in the back.  I have spent many hours (80k miles since it was new in Aug. '04) in my 'runner...and we have bonded.  Michelle is my fishing buddy (Yes...my 4runner is a girl).  Sne can squeeze my Pelican in the back, and just flat out takes abuse while lookin' good doing it  8-)

I would say my Shakespeare 7 foot excursion. I bought it when I was having my rods shipped

to Florida, Wally World special for 20 bucks and have caught a milion fish on it. Sometimes

I feel bad that I dont use it as much as my higher end rods.

I was debating between my favorite pair of blue handled pliers and my triangle shaped hook sharpening stone then it hit me my reading glasses!  Ever since I turned 45, they've become absolutely essential, as it's near impossible for me to tie a knot without them.  :-/

Maybe not my favorite but one I couldn't do without is my lanyard with clippers, scissors, hook sharpener, knife and pliers.  It has a small float attached in case it gets dropped in the drink.

My credit card....

No really it is my daughter give me time to bond

Next to all my rods and reels and boat it would have to be my Leatherman. If I'm using it that means I'm catching fish.

Falcon

I would say my Shakespeare 7 foot excursion. I bought it when I was having my rods shipped

to Florida, Wally World special for 20 bucks and have caught a milion fish on it. Sometimes

I feel bad that I dont use it as much as my higher end rods.

Hey G_Basser I had one of these too and never thought much of it. I did catch a bunch of fish on it till my buddy broke it in the van door. Maybe the best $20 I've had.

My favorite pieces are

spinning - Pflueger President 6730 reel ( just looks and feels sweet

Shimano symmetre 2500 reel

BC - Shimano Citica