Sign in to follow this  
Bassnajr

Which baitcaster would you pick?????

Hey all...

Scanning the internet for a new reel I came upon the Okuma Alumina AL-200LX reel. I can grab it for $60.00 plus shipping, or the Tica Sculptor SL101 for $90.00 Which reel would you choose??? :-/

ajr

I would look a little more. I've had a few okuma's in the past couple of years and found thy did not last one season. I've owend some of my shimano's for 15+ years and thy still work just fine. I gave 3 away to some of our states JR's and thy are still using them.

Just my opion

Some people swear by the okuma's

I would spend a little more and get a Shimano Citica.  I think you will really be glad you did.   It's a workhorse reel and has a reliable reputation.

I would spend a little more and get a Shimano Citica. I think you will really be glad you did. It's a workhorse reel and has a reliable reputation.

Hmm...

I was thinking the same thing.    ::P

8-)

I have looked at the Shimano Citica and it's in my price range. There are many different sub models of this reel (well that's the same with alot of reels I guess!!) and oh, by the way..I am looking for a lefty model.

Thanks!!!

bassnajr

Take a look at the Abu Garcia Revo S as well, alot of guys here (me included) love them. They are one of the best reels out therei n the $100 range.

AJR

I fish with all shimano leftys you can try any and all of them this season also shimano has a rebate promo this year on the curado and citica.

Decision made!!! I bought the SHIMANO CITICA!!! Thanks for all the help!! and I got it for $98.00 new....."I'm feeling good Brian..I'm feeling right!!!"

ajr

Decision made!!! I bought the SHIMANO CITICA!!! Thanks for all the help!! and I got it for $98.00 new....."I'm feeling good Brian..I'm feeling right!!!"

ajr

Good deal! I'm not a fan of the Okuma's. My buddy bought one and it was a total piece of junk! I don't know what model, but it was a $100+ reel just a couple years ago. Can't go wrong with the Shimano. The Abu would have been my 2nd choice.

Bought an Abu Pro Cast too..

tin sings it's praises and others too. That's good enough for me. It was a righty though, so I'm still looking for the lefty!!

ajr

I just bought a Citica myself but haven't tried it out yet...looks and feels comparable to my green curado's..time will tell