Sign in to follow this  
SimonSays

Anyone ever try Trilene Ironsilk?

There was a big sale at a local sporting goods store (Green top in Richmond, VA) and I picked up a bunch of lures as well as a spool of Trilene Maxx ("Designed with the castability of Trilene XL and the toughness of XT") and some Trilene IronSilk.

Has anyone tried Iron silk before?...I got some 6lb test line for 2.99...I trust trilene so I kind of looked past the pricing (there's probably a good reason why it was discounted so much).

Anyone want to chime in =D?

Thanks guys!

I tried 20#.  More iron than silk.

I think Ironsilk was so awful, Berkley discontinued the line.

I don't find it listed on their website.

I've never heard one positive review on it. There's a ton on sale at my local sporting good store. Obviously they've had trouble selling it as well.

Think about it, there is a reason it's $2.99 a spool & it aint cause it's their best seller

never actually fished with it but when i used to spool reels at gander mountain the stuff was horrible the worst line to deal with when spooling. that was the main reason i never tried it. but some customers swore by it.

Think of that green wire the florists use when making floral arrangements and realize that iron silk probably isn't that limp.   :o

Just JUNK, I used it for back filling my reels!!! :'( >:o >:):o :o :( :( :-/ :-/ :-[ :-[

Iron silk is like cheap rubbers, you can use it but dont get mad when it breaks because you were too cheap to buy anything else. Honestley I spooled my reel with some and I made some test cast and cut every inch of that crap off and went back to suffix.

I got caught up in the noise they made when it hit the market too.  Now it is my "go to" line for all my BACKING.  That is all it is good for. Horrible to cast and then it gets brittle and breaks !  >:o

Shortbasser