Sign in to follow this  
jacobhookem

Shimano Core Anyone?

Awesome reel.  Lightweight and can cast a country mile.  :D  My only gripe is the typical Shimano play in the handle.

The 100 is a 10, but I like the 50Mg7 even better!

Merry Christmas!

never used one but the reviews say they are great and right there with the daiwa steez. plus u can get some pretty sweet deals on the core these days, cheaper then the steez. I will stick with the steez tho, Im a Daiwa guy and always will be.

How is the Core 50 for light baits?

Very good. It has a small spool that doesn't hold much line, so it can cast light lures very well.

I've used one in my dreams, and let me tell you it was amazing.

Haha you were kidding, but I actually had a dream like that.

I have several  Core 100MgFV and the Core 50 Mg7.  I think over time I will convert every reel I have over to the Core.  This thing is unreal (and very easy to service).  By far, the best reel Shimano (or anyone else, besides the Steez) has ever produced.

I have several  Core 100MgFV and the Core 50 Mg7.  I think over time I will convert every reel I have over to the Core.  This thing is unreal (and very easy to service).  By far, the best reel Shimano (or anyone else, besides the Steez) has ever produced.

Because you learned the right way......

I have several Core 100MgFV and the Core 50 Mg7. I think over time I will convert every reel I have over to the Core. This thing is unreal (and very easy to service). By far, the best reel Shimano (or anyone else, besides the Steez) has ever produced.

Because you learned the right way......

I learned from the best...^

I have several Core 100MgFV and the Core 50 Mg7. I think over time I will convert every reel I have over to the Core. This thing is unreal (and very easy to service). By far, the best reel Shimano (or anyone else, besides the Steez) has ever produced.

Seriously...I used to like my other reels a lot

more than I do now that I bought the Cores.

I've used one in my dreams, and let me tell you it was amazing.

all i see in my dreams is hot chicks and daiwas  ;D

never used one but the reviews say they are great and right there with the daiwa steez. plus u can get some pretty sweet deals on the core these days, cheaper then the steez. I will stick with the steez tho, Im a Daiwa guy and always will be.

The core 50 mg is a very nice reel and I own several of them but come'on, the steez is smoother and NO rattles.  If shimano would just eliminate the the handle play/rattle in the core 50 I might rate it as high as the steez.  But don't listen to me, I'm Steezy.

Santa left one of these Core 50mg7's under the tree for me. I am really impressed with it. I wouldn't have imagined it could be this nice of a reel. I also own a couple of Quantum's, a Curado, Revo SX and a Premier. But the Core really outshines them all in my opinion. Fished 3 and 4 inch Senko's weightless with it this past weekend and was truely amazed. I have not used a Steez so I can't compare to it though.

How does it compare to the Chronarch 50s? I am looking for a used one.

My financial adviser informed me the purchase of a Core would result in her keeping it in the immediate divorce.

Twitch

I think you will like the CH50MG just fine.The feel

and performance seem very comparable to me.

8-)