Sign in to follow this  
Alumabass

Spinning Reel

Looking for a spinning reel in that up to $50.00 range.  Multi purpose for both bass and walleye fishing.  I like to bass fish more, but the walleye is our state fish, so sometimes I have to conform and do what I have to do.  What would you suggest?

Thanks! ;)

Shimano 2500 in your price range.

cause you are gonna be using it for both bass and walleye , you might look into the 2500 and the 4000 size reels . a good reel that is inexpensive is the shimano sedona , i have the 4000 size , i use it for surf fishing and pier fishing (salt water) . a really good reel that would work for both species well .

I would try and find a Shimano Symetre for around $75. Spend a little more to get IMO a reel that competes with the $400 reels.

Best i have ever used hands down

cause you are gonna be using it for both bass and walleye , you might look into the 2500 and the 4000 size reels . a good reel that is inexpensive is the shimano sedona , i have the 4000 size , i use it for surf fishing and pier fishing (salt water) . a really good reel that would work for both species well .

Pflueger Trion 4735. It will handle any of your 6lb, 8lb, and 10lb mono that you'll use for bass and walleye. Pair it up with a 6'6" or 7' M all graphite rod and that's gonna be a very good multi-purpose combo.

Caught 10 bass ranging from 1-3 lbs yesterday on my Trion GX7 4725. It's spooled with 6 lb. Yo Zuri Hybrid Ultra Soft. I was using a light action fast tip rod, no problems, great drag on these reels.

I am a multi-species fisherman and, in my opinion, the best reel size for bass and walleye is the 2500. The 4000 is overkill. For finess fishing you could go with 2000 or even 1000 .I think the 1000 is to light, but Roadwarrior will tell you otherwise.

All my bass and walleye reels are 2000 and 2500 .

I 've seen two good choices mentioned.

Shimnao symetre, which i just picked up two in the 3000 series, its the same body as the 2500 but weighs less with a larger line cap.

pflueger president is also a nice reel for the money

It has been said many times before, but I will add:

Pflueger President