Sign in to follow this  
bweave09

Soft Plastics Rod Under $100

I am looking for a decent trigger rod for soft plastics (senkos, trick worms, creature baits, etc.) around $100. I probably won't be throwing anything over 1/2oz. I bought a Mojo Spinnerbait rod hoping to use it as an all around rod, but it is not sensitive at all and I have been losing a lot of fish on it. Any suggestions?

I would recommend this rod.

http://falconrods.com/index.php/rods-reels/rods/bucoo/bucoo-casting/bucoo-7.html

Falcon Power Ratings are a bit on the light side so I would not be worried.

[split] [link=http://www.bassresource.com/bass_fishing_forums/YaBB.pl?num=1275683783/0#0][splithere][/link][splithere_end]

There are a lot of good rods for under 100 dollars, some:

Shimano Compre ( my first choice )

Shimano Clarus

Falcon Original

Falcon Low Rider

All Star All American Classic

All Star Team All Allstar

6'10" MH falcon Bucoo 110 shipped to your door

http://www.***.com/Falcon_BuCoo_Casting_Rods/descpage-FBCC.html

If you haven't heard, the Vendetta was rated higher than the Shimano Cumulus on Tackle Tour. ::)

listen the reason why cumulus got lower rating than vendetta because of the price fool i would prefer to pay for lighter rod and good senstivity than tip heavy cheap rod

If you haven't heard, the Vendetta was rated higher than the Shimano Cumulus on Tackle Tour. ::)

listen the reason why cumulus got lower rating than vendetta because of the price fool i would prefer to pay for lighter rod and good senstivity than tip heavy cheap rod

slow your roll there cowboy, BigRickRolled was being sarcastic.

whats up with all the new young pups bashin on the vets here lately? sheesh

dont wanna thread jack, but Im in the same boat, im looking for a soft plastic rod, i throw a lot of weightless worms and my current rod is a lil to stiff and short for that use.

current rod is a all star sellect 6.6 MH fast

Lamiglas Excel is right there as well... plus it's made in the USA and comes with a lifetime warranty. I have a spinning rod and baitcaster and love them so far.

If you haven't heard, the Vendetta was rated higher than the Shimano Cumulus on Tackle Tour.  Roll Eyes

Do we really want to start that war on another thread ::)

Falcon Bucoo 7' M is my soft plastics rod and it works great for plastics and crankbaits

All of these look really good, but the Compre and the Lamiglass Excel really stick out...anybody tried em both?

Seriously.....here's my suggestion

Go here

http://cgi.ebay.com/KISTLER-MAGNESIUM-MGAPSMH69-69-MED-HVY-CASTING-ROD-/200449523797?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2eabb90055

Make an offer for $82, that comes to $100 even with shipping...if it's accepted you've got probably one of the best rods you could buy for $100.

I fished a Compre 66MH this morning and am happy with it.

i really like my 6' M/F compre. pairs great with my citica.

I bought a 6'10" Falcon Lowrider XG which is labeled as the Eakins Finesse Jig Rod. I primarily use it as a texas rig rod which is what I bought it for. Compared to the Lizard Dragger Model which is 7 ft it has a little bit softer tip which allows for lighter weights to be thrown. I  think it's more versatile as a texas rig rod. Also it specifies as a jig rod too.

I will also recommend the Falcon Lowrider series.  I don't have the LFC-5-1610 mentioned (although it is on the list  :)), but I do have the LFC-5-168 rod which is labeled as an all-purpose rod.  I have used it to pitch and cast jigs and texas rigs and it worked great.  Either of those rods should work. If you keep an eye-out for sales they can be had for around $100