Sign in to follow this  
Low_Budget_Hooker

I EAT, I EAT!!  Geez

Well, my weight has come up yet again, on the "who's going to the classic" thread,lol

A little story.

When I first started at UPS, I was loading trucks from 4-8a.  Coming off a skiing career, I was in good shape.  This job kept that going.  Well, my supervisor, a gitl named Rachel that I was very close with, came to me with a request.  She wanted to join a gym and the one she was looking at had a 2 for 1 deal going on.  Seeing as how we hang out together after work anyway, I figured what the heck.

So I went down to GNC and figured I would buy some weight gain stuff.  I get ripped when I work out, rather quickly, but never seem to be able to build any bulk.  So I investigate all the different brands, and costs and decide to go wth the most expensive one.  It was $50 and was a 2 week supply.  I was double dosing on the stuff so I figured it would be an experiment for the month.  $200 worth of weight gain, about an EXTRA 100,000 calories/day and we'll see where we stand by the end of the month.

I lost a pound.

It's just my metabolism (which I'm not complaining about at age 40).  Ask anyone who knows me and they'll tell you I eat more than the avg person.  I love to cook.  With that comes the love to eat.  I can put it away, believe me.  I'm always surprising people with how much I actually do eat.  There are very few who can keep up with me at a clam boil. ;)

So for all the "EAT SOMETHING" comments,....trust me,...I do.  God built me for speed, not comfort and who am I to complain.

:)

I get the "eat something" comments  all the time from my friends. Im 24, 5'9" and weigh a buck forty. I've gained about ten pounds this winter, but Im sure I will lose it again in the spring and summer.

I had a friend who was like me, started to work out and after about 8 months was huge. He got me on the No Xplod and mass XXX weight gainer. I gave up after about two months like I always do after seeing no results.   :D

Now Im back to my old self, crushing double cheeseburgers and sweet rolls with nothing to show for it.  ;D

i'll throw my name on the list of dude's that are skinny and get told to eat more. i'm 26, about 6'1" and have yet to reach 150. i can take weight gainer, work out, eat like a horse and none of it makes one bit of difference.

Yeah Russ, I get the same thing. when I started back at UPS I was 163. Now I'm down to a svelte 150. Going to the Dr. today to see about my cholesterol, and to try and pinpoint why I'm thirsty 24/7. I did the research, and for me to gain one pound per day, I need to be taking in almost 4000 calories. Like I have time for that!  :-?

Add me to the list.5-11 and 140.

Been hearing the malnourishment crap my whole life,but yet can eat as much as a 350lb man LOL.

I eat at leat 3 times a day or in other words every 4 to 6 hours.I burn it off so quick.

Also very expensive when I go to get groceries nowadays. :(

:'(  Cry me a river guys.  I'm 5' 10" and weigh around 210.  I'd trade any of you guys 30 pounds in a heartbeat!  ;D

Most of us face a different issue. ::)

"I'm not overweight, I just need to be 6 inches taller!"

8-)

Man I miss the days of being able to eat everything in sight. I could do that up until I turned 25 then like clockwork my metabolism took a nose dive. Now I still want to eat everything in sight except now I'll gain the weight to go with it.

I never gained a pound over 150 until I was 25. Now at 32 I'm 230.

I SMELL food and I gain weight:o(  I like RW's explanation best:o) You "high metabolism" folks have it made!! Wish I could eat as much as I wanted and not gain weight! Heck, I have to work out 1 - 2 hours a day AND limit food intake even after putting in a full day of work to loose any weight!

I SMELL food and I gain weight:o( I like RW's explanation best:o) You "high metabolism" folks have it made!! Wish I could eat as much as I wanted and not gain weight! Heck, I have to work out 1 - 2 hours a day AND limit food intake even after putting in a full day of work to loose any weight!

Eat more spinach??

Matty let me know what the Doc says, since I have started working there I can't stop drinking. I usually drink 2-3 20oz waters a day, a 20 ozbottle of soda,a big Gatorade or 2, a few glasses of milk and on and on. My mom is actually worried.

But yup, UPS is the best diet plan there is around. In 4 months, went from 211 to 192. and I eat whatever I want, I also grew about another inch too. :-/

Being thirsty all the time could also be a sign of sugar problems. Might be something you want to get checked at also.

Matt, good luck on you the cholesterol test. I have a history of high cholesterol in my family and no matter what I do I can't get it down without medication and I'm only 32.  :o

LOL,  Russ I know exactly where your coming from.  I'm the same exact way.  I eat and eat and eat.  Still skinny.  I work out too.  I've spent 100+ dollars a month on those suplements and went on an eating and diet plain to gain weight.  I gained 5lbs in 2 months.  Wasnt worth it.  So I stopped wasting all that $.  I still work out but its to stay in shape.  I gave up the gain weight because its not going to happen anytime soon.

Guys, trust me.  Russ can EAT.  I have no idea where it goes though. ;D

Haha let me add another to the "fast metabolism" group.  I'm almost 6' 4" and 170.  I'm only 19 though so we'll see if I start puttin on some pounds eventually.  Been tall and lanky my whole life, my mom says I was born a "long baby".  I lift 5 days a week and I get pretty ripped but just not a lot of bulk.  Oh well, a fast metabolism can come in handy

One thing you skinny guys can do to try and gain weight is to eat LESS OFTEN. Eating lots of food all day long keeps your metabolism UP. Eat Large meals 3 times a day with no snacks in between. Also a good way to gain weight is to eat a TON of carbohydrates.

some basic stuff u can try

exercise in the gym 4 times per week ( max 1 h per training)  (remember u need 2 bulk )

avoid cardio , focus on weight lifting

(remember u need 2 bulk )

consume  per day:

ur body weight x 1.5 gr protein

body  weight x 3 gr carbs

eat 6-8 meals per day

before sleeping drink milk or eat milk products 2 slow down ur metabolism

before and after the gym take weight gainer

a good gainer is prolab's n large 2. (it worked for me)

i have the same body type with u but after sticking 2 the above i managed 2 gain 50 pounds . i couldn't gain much more but having and athletic body was enough for me.

i got 50 pounds if somebody wants it.... ;D

I'm 5'3-5'4 and 200...I'm chunky but not fat...but i'm 50 pounds off where i need to be according to my health chart.

Problem is i eat too much McD's and taco bell.  

Being thirsty all the time could also be a sign of sugar problems. Might be something you want to get checked at also.

Matt, good luck on you the cholesterol test. I have a history of high cholesterol in my family and no matter what I do I can't get it down without medication and I'm only 32. :o

Thanx Craig, I wasn't too worried about it, but since we're the same age..... Ya just never know.

Mike, I'll give you a holler later on. My appt. is at 3:30. Probably won't know anything for a few days tho.

To gain BULK when lifting weights the key is to lift as heavy as you can with low sets/reps. High sets/reps with low/moderate weights builds definition/cuts, not mass/bulk.

i am the exact same way, execpt im only 22. but i've tried all those weight gainers and none work, and i eat like a horse. i found out from my sports psychology teacher that its the wrong kind of protein. ha and the most i've ever weighed was when i pole vaulted 177lbs.

Geez guys, me too. I'm 6'1" and only 260 pounds dripping wet. ;D ;D

PH-I actually do sleep alot, I'm in bed early like an old fart, but I'm a super natural early riser like a fisherman :)  You make a good point just the same but that's another blessing I have is a good "clock".

As for the suggestions of diet, training, etc, done it, did it, ate it, etc.  

I reserved my self, after seeing all these popeye posts,(Bassin@ddict- very funny), to saying screw it,...I ams who I ams :)

So what's for dinner?