Sign in to follow this  
K.Fox

"Like" button.

I just read a post by someone that I liked and looked for the "Like" button. I watch fishing videos on youtube and the ones that I like, I click the "Like" button. Or Facebook when someone comes up with some good quote and you don't need to write anything but you think it needs a little bit of gratitude. "Like" button... Instead of copying and pasting the quote and X2, "Like" button. Or one of the many informative articles on this site that would get lit up with "Like" buttons if there was an option..I don't know if it is possible to add to this great website but I "Like" the idea...

I just read a post by someone that I liked and looked for the "Like" button. I watch fishing videos on youtube and the ones that I like, I click the "Like" button. Or Facebook when someone comes up with some good quote and you don't need to write anything but you think it needs a little bit of gratitude. "Like" button... Instead of copying and pasting the quote and X2, "Like" button. Or one of the many informative articles on this site that would get lit up with "Like" buttons if there was an option..I don't know if it is possible to add to this great website but I "Like" the idea...

X2 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

Really though, this is an excellent idea. "Like" buttons always seem to cut down on the clutter from people who are intent on racking up their post counts.

I would just be afraid that it would keep people from posting their opinions and ideas, thats really the core of this site.

Really though, this is an excellent idea. "Like" buttons always seem to cut down on the clutter from people who are intent on racking up their post counts.

Like if their lives depended upon post count. Sad, really sad. ::)

there was just a thread about this exact topic. i'd use the like button but i'd also still post my thoughts.

the like button would give you kind of a general consensus on an idea at a glance. i don't think they would replace actual posts.

No isn't made to replace anything.

Example...

Someone posted, "Why does everyone buy the lures that win the classic?"

There was a reply with, "People are always looking for the silver bullet - that magic bait that's going to catch a ton of fish for them.

Funny though, when a bait does come along that seems to fit the bill (aka the Senko), many people dismiss it as being "too easy", or that it takes no talent to use, a "crutch", etc. Can't win no matter what." 

If there was a like button on this post I would click it.

i thought so too until someone pointed out that if a reputable member posts "x2", then you know more than likely it is good advice. i guess we could have it to where you could click and see who thumbed up your comment. unless it was a thumbs down, which would be anonymous

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.  You can easily  judge the interest in a thread by the number of replies.

Ha !  :)

I've never been on Facebook in my life, and never will. I've never tweeted, and I never will. I don't text, and never will.

I have heard different companies say, "Like" us at...... and I thought to myself, "If I like you, or if I don't, I'll let you know it.... But I don't need no stinking button for that" :) Most of the time, I'd rather elaborate ;)  LOL

Fish

It may seem like something easy, just a simple button, but i'm pretty sure it's a lot more complicated. This site is made with one of those pre-made forums, isn't it? Sorta like phpBB?

So do we get a "Dislike" button too?

What happens if somebody posts something and they don't get any "Likes"? 

Is there a place where we can complain about what other people think of what we post?

I'll vote with Rhino, it ain't broke....... Yet!

No "dislike" button would be needed. Youtube has it but its not needed..

It works well for hundreds of millions of people on Facebook, only testing it out will give the answer. I don't care either way, as it's my option to use a "like" button or not.

Just so y'all know, I'm am paying attention to threads like these and working on the requests.   :)

Instead of "Like" it should be more fishing oriented to make it our own...

For example, Instead of "Like" it could be ...um..."Caught"

next to a thread it could say "34 people caught this" and have a little emoticon of a fish. like this one

fish-29.gif

fish-20.gif

just an idea to take an already good idea and making it our own

You could have a "tap" or "bite" button and make it similar to the flag designations on the forum pages.

Example: 10 "taps" or "bites" would put an exclamation point next to the topic as in "Hey, this may be something worth looking at."

25 "taps" or "bites" could put something else like a "thumbs up" showing that the topic is really great.

Over 50 "taps" or "bites"? Maybe the internet will explode or something like that...

Just a thought.