Sign in to follow this  
Glenn

Bass Books

What are your favorite bass books?  Why?

I have read the Kevin Van Dam book and the Jay Yelas book and both were very good.

Other than that I just read some articles from time to time and watch fishing DVD's.

JT Bagwell

Literature presented by Doug Hannon, Al linder, Bill Dance, Jimmy Houston, Hank Parker, they are just a trusted few. I take a hard look at what  is presented by anyone., That is active on a pro circuit.

Rick Clunn, Kevin Van Dam, Doug Hannon, Larry Nixon, Jimmy Houston All have great books

The KVD books are great. The other two that make great reads are Jay Yelas's and Shaw Grigsby's. Both provide the reader with insites to life.

You guys can read ?   :o

;) Seriously though, I once read Larry Nixon's book. It was... well boring. But maybe that's because I had just started fishing. A few years ago I read parts of Kevin Van Dam's book and I thought it was pretty good.

I have an old one that really breaks apart how to find fish deep, and how to find that spot within a spot. It is called Advanced Bass Fishing by Jon Weiss.

Both of KVD's books are excellent.

But my favorite is Bass Wars by Nick Taylor It's about tourney life, great read.

NAFC books are excellent ! Thats where I first really learned details about fishing. Just ordered the John Weiss book on Amazon, hope its a good one.

Largemouth Bass - An In-Fisherman Handbook of Strategies  by In-Fisherman Staff

I read this book about 4 years ago when I really started getting serious about bass fishing.  It covers the basics of everything from bass biology, locating bass, patterns, boats, rods, reels, and all types of baits.

If you're after smallmouth, Smallmouth Bass by In-Fisherman is the most informative and complete fishing book I have ever read.

It's well written, entertaining and an easy read. They devote a little bit too much ink to northern lake fishing, but most of the information is applicable to all waters.

I have mentioned this before, but here goes again.  My favorite is "Think Like A Fish" by Tom Mann.  There is not a lot about how to catch fish, but it is one of the best non-fiction books I have ever read and tells a great story about the fishing industry and a true legend.

Bass Wisdom by Homer Circle is outstanding. It is designed for the beginner but it is a good refresher course for the experienced fishermen. :)

How to be a bass pro, by joe thomas

Bass Wars , by nick taylor

B.A.S.S. library

As a new fisherman, I really enjoyed these two books:

Field and Stream - The Complete Fisherman

Erwin A. Bauer - Bass Fisherman's Bible

I thought both were well written introductions to bass fishing (and fishing in general), and I learned a lot from both.

Wow! I cant believe nobody mentioned the bible that all trophy hunters have learned from.

"In pursuit of giant bass" by Bill Murphey. If you want to catch big bass out west than this is absolutly the best book ever writen.

I read Shaw Grigsby's book and I thought was decent.

Guest the_mud_man

Advanced Bass Fishing  I got it for 3 buscks at a yard sale best 3 dollars Ive ever spent. And any thing By Dill Dance and Al Linder.How much better was In Fisherman while Al still had it?I cancelled my subscription recently now it is more like a merchandising scam disguised as a fishing magazine

Of course who can go wrong with Bill Dance. His new book is a good read, very complete and informative.