Sign in to follow this  
rocknfish9001

do you have a favorite lake?

Well I don't go to it every week. But I fished it from the bank for 12 years and I go there when my confidence is low.

the lake i fish the most and have good luck on is lake washington (in the middle of downtown seattle). but the lake i like the most is the potholes reservoir in eastern washington (moses lake area). it's about 3 hours from where i live.

Guest the_muddy_man

Hey Uter I answered with Mauch Chunk b/c the question was lakes. But I,like you have found a few ponds off the road that have a lot of nice unpressured Bass in them I aint as generous as you on this on I AINT GIVIN EM UP ;)

My favorite place here in Va. is the New River. I've been fishing it since I was a kid. I would hardly say that I have "mastered" it because I'm still learning things about this river each time I go. It's known primarily for the Smallmouth and Musky fishing but certain stretches can yeild walleye, white bass, stripers and hybrids. There are largemouth and spots scattered here and there as well as crappie, perch, sunfish, redeyes, catfish and carp. Years ago a hybrid Florida strain of largemouth was introduced into a section of the New. Bass up to 10lbs. have been taken from this stretch. Our state record smallmouth, musky and walleye have all come from the New. It is thought to be the second oldest river in the world.

Of all the places that I've fished, the New River still gets me excited everytime I go.

well the portage river. but it isn't the best fishing around here for big bass but there are a lot of em. and i just grab my bike put on my fishing partner and ride my bike to some of my favorite areas.

Pond right by my house I go to pretty much everyday and it seems like I know the bass in that pond. i might as well name them. Then I live on Saratoga Lake so I go there alot.

My home lake,a 300 acre body of water is my favorite.I've been fishing it since I was 15,and after 33 years on it I know most all of the sweet spots.There are several more within 30 miles of home that I like a lot,also.

I do have a "backyard" pond that i go to whenever i cant get the boat out, but this year some guy has been irragating it and i cant buya bite to save my life. This time last year, i would get 10 or more fish an outing. Now im lucky to get 2 or more. In the spring, however, i will have days i can boat several 4 pound fish and got around a 20 lb. limit once.

I have 3 favorite lakes that I fish on often Norfork, Bull Shoals, Table Rock but I would have to say my favorite of the 3 is Table Rock Lake.

I live less than 2 mile from Ky lake so that would have to be it.

WELL, I'M FORTUNATE TO LIVE ON LAKE ST. CLAIR SO I DON'T FISH ANYWHERE ELSE EXCEPT WHEN WE GO ON VACATION. THIS FEBUARY MY WIFE AND I WERE IN ORLANDO AND I FISHED TOHO.........I COULD GET USED TO THAT TOO.

I would have to say this little cut about 150 yards long and 40 feet wide and no more than 6 feet deep. It has a a discharge pipe at the end of it and when that pipe is flowing hold on. you never know whats gonna grab your sinko. Could be a dink or as i found out a P.B i have seen bass in there that where so big that my hart just stoped and the best part is boats cant get up there and most people will not make the hike to get there        

Posted by: BassSnatcher Posted on: Today at 7:06pm

I live about a mile from my favorite lake. So naturally, when I feel the urge to go fishing... thats where I go. I've mastered this lake from top to bottom, side to side, and all around. I know every nook and cranny in this body of water, and its only one that I know like that.  

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MASTERED??

How big is this lake???  I've fished a particular lake, (31 acres), all my life and still wouldn't say i've mastered it.  When I think mastered I think never lose a tounament.  Maybe we have a different interpretation of the word.  I can tell you where every rock is on my home lake, (James,NC), but there are sometimes I will get my arse whipped on that lake.  But maybe we mean different things. :D

bout 40 acres. I've fished this lake all my life, probably 3-4 days a week year-round. Trust me, I've mastered it. I'll outfish anybody on the lake anyday, fishing the bank!

yep the only problem is its private and its amazing and theres a few fisherman that sneak on there too and they try kicking us off and its so funny when these  older guys try to intimidate you off the lake ::) they get real mad when they relize were not taking there crap its like r u serious we watched you sneak on too go mind your own business and fish.

we should have a fish off for the spot i know me and my partner would win ;)

But ya the spot is the most amzing place ever i really plan to own a house on it one day the only prob is its in a very rich city and the cheapest home is probably $600,000 with the average being over a million so i have big dreams  :)