Alright, first post. So im looking at buying a Pfleuger Supreme. Either the regular or the XT, which is like $50 more. I just want to do some recon work before i buy, ya know? So anyone have anything to say about it? And more specifically, is the XT worth the extra cash? Any set up recommendations are cool too, i'm just looking to start up a discussion.

-RR

I have a Supreme casting model that is pretty nice for the $ I paid for it, but I have a feeling your talking about the spinning model. Personally, I love Pfluegers and about 75% of my reels are Pflueger and I have not got a bad one yet.

I have 3 Supremes, good reels and hard to beat in that price range. I even used 1 of them in saltwater for over a year. For freshwater I don't really see the need for the xt.

I have 3 Supremes, good reels and hard to beat in that price range. I even used 1 of them in saltwater for over a year. For freshwater I don't really see the need for the xt.

x2

I have one Supreme that I do like but my President XT more.

Right now I have two Supremes and a Supreme XT and haven't had a moments trouble out of any of them. They're light, smooth, good looking, have smooth drags, and are priced right.

To be honest, I can't feel much difference in performance between the standard Supremes and the XT, but the XT is definitely much cooler looking.

I have an all Shimano line up except for a President that someone gave me. Next reel I will look hard at Pflueger

I have three Supremes that I have had several years and I have done nothing but replace line on them. Very good reels............Al

i assume you're talking spinning reels..

don't have a Supreme..

but have 2 Presidents... and they have worked flawless for the past 3 years..

can't beat them for the money.. imho

I have the blue President, President XT and a Supreme. They are all awesome reels for the price. No problems at all. I don't think you can go wrong with these reels. I am thinking about picking up a XT, it looks nice.

i have 2 supreme xt's (last years, tho) an arbor and a patriarch. all are great reels, and i have not had a problem with them.

i dont have any of the non-xt supremes, but i have to assume they are also a superb reel. at $100 there isnt much that can compete with the weight, and they are just as smooth as the other $100 around.

on a side note, if you look around some, you can find some deals, i got my patriarch (by far my favorite reel) for $160 at gander when they had their fathers day sale.

hey just wait after icast in 2011 it july 13-15 they said they will become out with a redesigned president spinning reel and a new supreme mg so just wait any question look on pflueger on facebook .

have a supreme xt that i love.xt has a better drag.

I have a supreme spinning, love it, a patriarch xt, a summit, a purist, and an echelon, all baitcasters. I absolutely love them, especially for the money. I don't think you can go wrong with a pflueger, great reels for what you pay.

I bought a Supreme 8025 last year - after catching only 731 fish, the dang thing just recently started making a scraping noise. Must be no good - huh. Put a drop of oil on the line roller bearing and the noise went away.

Great reel...

I also have 2 Presidents, a President XT, and 2 of the older (gold) Surpreme XTs - all great reels and good values at their price points.

I have a current model XT, I looked at both the Supreme and Supreme XT side by side. I FELT very little difference, though opted for the XT. Only real reason was because it looks sweet on a Dobyns DX701

THanks yall. I guess i dont get email notifications? Well thanks for the tips, i gonna go with the XT. On the basis that... it looks awesome.

-Robert