Sign in to follow this  
JEC

Rod Reel And Line Tell Me What You Think

rods already puchased duckett micro magic split handle,reel still playing with them but leaning toward the revo stx ,line abrazx love the rods but open to sugestions on reel and line

Sounds like you have a winning combo in mind already.

Lew's Speed Spool!!! I'm a won over Shimano guy but the new Lew's reels seem to be as near flawless as you could get. Only thing I don't care for on the Revos is the way the palming sideplate widens out up near the front of the reel. It's uncomfortable to me.

I've seen lots of problems with the newer revos. If you want a revo, check out the older skeet reese revo. Otherwise any shimano or lews reel in that range will do.:D

i am a Daiwa guy and i think the Revo STX is a great reel. IMO its as good as any reel in its price range.

You can't go wrong with Shimano Curado, Revo STX, or Quantum Smoke for their performance and price range.

I have my duckett micro magic rod paired up with a revo sx. Really like it a lot. I put my revo premier on but just like it better with the sx. The stx would be a great choice.

yep, revo, cant go wrong buut id loove to get a lews, heard a lot about em. also,i want a duckett!!!! lol oh n line, abraz x is great but i looove vicious pro elite fluorocarbon a lot more for just about everything! sunline sniper and shooter is awesome too.

Which rod did you purchase, and are you going to use technique specific or will it be an all around type setup? I would choose a reel based on how I intended to fish the setup.