Sign in to follow this  
Ima Bass Ninja

First Artificial lure

What was the first artificial lure you ever used? here's mine (0r a copy of it i just remember it was a red/white spoon)  a friend let me use this probably 30 years ago never caught a fish on it and i really didn't like fishing at that time.. Not until nearly 30 years later did i actually start fishing regularly.

Shyster - perhaps this very one, which I've had since the early 1960s...

I used a hand carved walking lure which caught my first bass back in the mid 90's. I actually just found that lure last weekend. HA

Right after catching fish on that homemade lure, I put it away and started using a Zell Rowland signature series Rebel Pop R. I just found that bait as well.  :)

my dad's homemade inline spinners. i never thought i could catch a fish with a "fake" bait. changed my life when i did!

My first lure used was a 1/4oz. rooster tail spinner and caught a nice smallmouth on it......haven't stopped fishing since!!!!!

don't laugh...The Flying Lure

I don't think I ever caught a fish on one of those d**n things either...

Rooster tail.

It was a Lazy Ike just like this one:

130458109910_0.jpg

My Grandpa gave it to me along with an old Shakespeare casting reel and steel rod. I still remember the thrill of feeling the tug on the line of the first bass that I caught on that lure, and I still feel that thrill every time.

I still have the rod and reel, but the Lazy Ike is long gone :'(

Tom

It may have been a Lazy Ike, but more likely a pre-rigged red/purple plastic worm(the one with 3 hooks, some beads, and a prop.). I fished it just like the Ike-chuck and wind. :) A Zebco 202 and a fiberglass rod that had less backbone than a French politician. Those were the days...

The first I used was a Kalin's grub on a 1/4oz jighead. Still use that same thing during the spring.

Mine was a Lazy Ike also. My Dad pulled it from his tackle box, on the bank, and gave it to me. He said I never had any luck with these maybe you will. I tied it casted it and after the 3rd cast I caught about a 10 inch LMB. All Dad could say is it figures.

Probably a spoon.  I know I caught a lot of bass on cranks, though.  Used to fish Benos a lot:

160.jpg

Not really sure but it may have been a flatflish, I loved those lures.

Rooster tail.

Original Hula Popper

I loved those things.

When I was a kid we used in-line spinners on a cane pole (wish I had one of those now) and walked along the top of a railroad tie sea wall catching bluegills and white bass all day long. Sigh...

I can't remember what the first one I actually used was (this would have been a half-century ago :)) - but I do remember digging through my Dad's tackle box and tying on a Hula-popper and a Lazy Ike (probably using a square knot  :))- I do remember the first artificial lure that I bought though - it was a Creme pre-rigged purple worm (the kind with the beads and the little propeller on it) - caught lots of bass on that rig - that and a Silver Minnow with an Uncle Josh trailer.

The first lure I used was the Rapala original Floater.

My first was a Dare Devil, red and white, just like the one you posted. My first plastic, was a Slug-O.