guisingerevan

Bullet Weight Size

I was looking at getting some of the Siebert Outdoors bullet weights in black and green pumpkin to use when I throw texas rigged soft plastics and was wondering what size to get? Thanks 

As usual, there is no standard when choosing which weight, there are numerous variables, I have bullets weights starting at 1/16 oz all the way up to 3/4 oz, however, the three most commons sizes I use are 1/8, 1/4 and 3/8 oz, so if you are going to buy I suggest you get the most on those sizes and add a few of the other sizes.

I refer to the following oxymoron when it comes to choosing a weight;  Use the lightest weight you can, but heavy enough to maintain contact with the bait.  The lightest I use is 3/16 and the heaviest for T-rig is 3/8. If conditions call for something heavier, I switch to a C-rig or a jig.

• Like 2

I mostly throw 1/8-3/8 on a t rig.  My thinking is the similiar to papajoe's

Yup...what they all said.  The lightest you can get away with seems to be the ticket for me as well with the majority of the time I am grabbing a 1/4 oz.

Worms between 5" to 7", 3/0 hook, 3/16 *oz bullet weight, 7mm glass faceted bead, T-rig.

Worms between 7 1/2" to 13", 4/0 or 5/0 hook, 1/4 oz bullet weight, 8 mm glass faceted bead, T-tig.

T-rig to be means a Texas rig with sliding bullet weight, not pegged. If you peg the bullet weight it's a Florida rig.

Lighter weights I use slip shot rig, mojo weight, heavier bullet weights for punch rigs, may use a 3/8 oz T-rig if the wind is high, however rather use a jig for heavier faster falling presentations.

* 3/16 oz about 75% of my T-rig fishing and always use a glass bead same color as the weight.

Tom

T-rigs are 1/16-3/8 for me. 1/8 and 1/4 are used at least 75% of the time. 

3//16 - 1/4 oz 90% of the time, the other 10% is 1/32 - 1 1/2 oz.

I'll use 3/16 oz 50 percent of the time all year round unless they have lock jaw then I'll rig up with s 3/8 oz tungsten but that's the highest weight I'll go with a texas rig anything bigger (1/2 oz) Then you mine as well be punching through mats!

I'm usually using a 1/4 on t rigged plastics cause my target area is kinda far out from the bank

I start at 3/8, and go up as needed.

9 times out of 10 I'm grabbing for a 1/4, but like others said if I have to go heavier to maintain contact with the bottom I will. I'll go lighter on smaller worms but I'm usually tossing a 10 inch worm and 1/4 seems to work best for me in most situations.

1/4 to 1 1/2 depending on what I'm doing.

As others have said, useing the lightest needed.

Mike

1/16th up to 1oz. Depends on conditions.

What I do is start with the lightest weight and cast out whatever soft plastic I'm using and keep going up in size until I get the action from the appendages I want.

Different weights affect the action of each bait significantly.

i tend to use 3/8 and or 5/16 green pumpkin tungsten weights because i like to pitch texas rigs . 

i tend to use 3/8 and or 5/16 green pumpkin tungsten weights because i like to pitch texas rigs . 

oh and i love me a roboworm 4/0 or 5/0 worm hook, but i hate trokar flipping or finesse worm hooks. they tear the crap out of baits, and also ive lost way to many fish because of the big hole the sharp hook puts in the fish and the little barb that doesn't hold the fish

I would get any where from 1/16 all the way to 12 or 3/8, but no heavier. This all depends on the depth you are fishing, what tackle you are using, what the wind speed is, and the mood of the bass. But I always throw the lightest weight that I can get away with. You want just enough weight to be able to cast, feel, and keep contact with the bottom. The slower the fall, generally the more strikes you will get. Especially the initial drop.

oh and i love me a roboworm 4/0 or 5/0 worm hook

Try using a 1/0 worm hook with Roboworms. Those sizes you mentioned are way too big.