Sign in to follow this  
FunkJishing

Norman D22 Crankbait

I just bought this norman d22 crankbait and was wondering if anyone has one and can tell me what they think of it?

post-50851-0-24037400-1415041462_thumb.j

I'm a fan.  DD22's.....

are reasonably priced

cast a mile

run true no matter how much you abuse them

go as deep as just about any crank

have good action

have loud rattles

catch bass

• Like 1

thats great to know :D i was hoping the had a good casting weight. I cant wait to catch a smallie with it.

oh.....didn't realize that.    I was talking about large mouth..... they won't catch small mouth

:laugh5:

• Like 1

lol yea right

I used to throw DD22, they're great baits.  These days I throw a LC CBD20.  Pretty much the same bait.  I still have a few DD22's though.  Might have to break them out.

• Like 2

Norman's aren't a bad bait. Shoot I even have about half a dozen new in box pearl splatter back Deep Little N's that I found at Academy for $1.45. They'll catch fish, but in my opinion there's better baits out there now. Norman's still catch fish, but they've been around so long that all the fish have seen them. I've been catching more on newer baits. Even the H20's have caught me more fish. So while they're not bad baits, and they definitely deserve a place in your box, they're not the best bait. They do come in some KILLER colors however.

• Like 1

Great bait..they fish as well as any, great paint, good hooks.thats a good color, the ol John Deere.

• Like 1

Try the "HD" version . . . .

A-Jay

• Like 1

I was a Norman fanatic back in the day and they are hard to beat for the price, the only thing is you may have to tune a bait every now and again right out of the box. Grab a Flat Broke and fish that during the prespawn,  it is also good in mid June when bluegills get on beds, one of those seldom talked about crankbaits that gets fish more than fishermen.

• Like 1

Try the "HD" version . . . .

A-Jay

Yelp! ;)

I don't know about that color though... I think you need to send it to me. Kidding, of course.

That's the color I caught my first 10# bass on.

• Like 1

DD22 is a work horse deep diving crankbait that will run 15'+ on a long cast and track good, one of my go to lures.

Tom

• Like 1

nice i cant wait for it to come in, i'll check it to see if it needs tuning then switch the hooks for new ones. sucks i probably wont get to use it until spring though, but hey from what im hearing its a kick butt bait!

The stock hooks will be fine. I believe Norman uses VMC's... I've never changed them unless they roll a point...

well it's used and the hooks look rusty and dull. i have new vmc's to throw on it when it arrives :D

I really like fat free shads for cranks in that range.

• Like 1

The D22 is a classic. People around here use them a lot, and they continue to catch fish. The price is right as well.

• Like 1

Never had much luck with the DD22, but the 6XD is a different story.

• Like 1

DD22 is a staple for most anglers I know.  They just flat work.  Don't be afraid to fish them in shallower water as well as the 15-18' they usually run.  Love, love, love working them through timber and feeling them getting slammed as they come clear of the last branch. 

• Like 1

Never had much luck with the DD22, but ghe 6XD is a different story.

Same, in fact I don't care for Norman baits at all. People rag on SK for QC but IMHO Norman is worse.