Charlie Hicklin

New From Missouri

hello everyone... i've been fishing for years... started out fishing for a little of everything but over the last several years have more or less stuck to bass fishing... i've never fished in a tournament, only for fun.. i've been on a few other boards since around 08' and have learned several things from them so i thought i'd branch out...lol

i've fished long enough that i might have a few things to add....

i mainly fish smaller lakes and ponds... i've got a bass tracker with mercury 25hp just for that reason as one of the lakes i fish has a 25hp limit..

i think this is my 5th boat to date..

the first pic is the boat i have now...

the second pic is me in my new office... i wish...lol

the third is the last big bass i caught a few weeks ago in 39 degree water....

post-51459-0-21559800-1418013878_thumb.j

post-51459-0-74916100-1418013904_thumb.j

post-51459-0-39553800-1418013920_thumb.j

Welcome Charlie! What part of MO are you from? We have lots of guys on here from the KC area, myself included. 

Welcome aboard!

Another MO guy here.  North of KC about 50 miles.  Welcome aboard!!

Welcome to the forum, Charlie. 

Greetings Charlie and Welcome to the forums :)

Thanks, right now im living in independence but i grew up in lees summit.... i've lived all around kc... i mainly fished jacomo, holiday lakes, maple leaf and a few ponds this last season.... i think i hit blue springs lake once or twice...

Welcome aboard, Charlie!

Thanks, right now im living in independence but i grew up in lees summit.... i've lived all around kc... i mainly fished jacomo, holiday lakes, maple leaf and a few ponds this last season.... i think i hit blue springs lake once or twice...

Welcome to the forums. I fish Jacomo once in a while, but I'm quite a bit over the HP limit so it's a PITA. Do you have much luck at Blue Springs? I've never been able to figure that lake out lol.

I fished Jacomo quite a bit last year. Sold my last boat and just fishing out of my brother in laws 15' johnboat for now. Only has a 15hp tiller drive so it's great for Jacomo. If you see me out there sometime swing by and say hi. Can't miss me, bright blue boat with "Rippin' Lips" painted on the side and there'll be a golden retriever barking at you or trying to knock me into the water. 

Welcome to the forums. I fish Jacomo once in a while, but I'm quite a bit over the HP limit so it's a PITA. Do you have much luck at Blue Springs? I've never been able to figure that lake out lol.

no, i haven't fished it enough to figure it out other than the bass are not on the shallow side of the road... i always end up there trying to get out of the boat traffic and i'm lucky to get a fish.. when i stay out on the main lake i can catch a few but never enough to have them figured out...

i like jacomo way better than blue springs... that's why i sold my 82 ranger with a 140 evinrude and got the tracker..lol downgrade in boat but upgrade in fishing... i can also push the tracker off the trailer into a few private ponds with a little help..

I fished Jacomo quite a bit last year. Sold my last boat and just fishing out of my brother in laws 15' johnboat for now. Only has a 15hp tiller drive so it's great for Jacomo. If you see me out there sometime swing by and say hi. Can't miss me, bright blue boat with "Rippin' Lips" painted on the side and there'll be a golden retriever barking at you or trying to knock me into the water. 

i'll keep an ear and eye out next season.. hell i'm probably goin to go somewhere this sunday if it's as nice as they're saying it's going to be..

Welcome to the forums!

Jeff

Hello Charlie and Welcome to Bass Resource ~

A-Jay

Welcome home!