ChrisWi

Line For Spinning Reels

Looking for a good line to fish on a spinning reel. Dont want braid. Whats a good fluro or copolymer line for spinning. Reels. Want to be as stealthy as possible

In a word,McCoy.

In a word,McCoy.

heard a lot of good about McCoy. Haven't ever realmy looked into it though.

Yo-zuri ultra soft or seaguar invisx. Both handle great. If looking for low stretch flouro then p-line 100% 6lb.

Yo-zuri ultra soft or seaguar invisx. Both handle great. If looking for low stretch flouro then p-line 100% 6lb.

I like what I'm hearing about invisx

I may be the only person on this entire forum that uses it, but I have been very happy with Berkley Nanofil for my spinning rods.  I tried some because my son got a spool for free and have used it on all my spinning setups since.  It casts better than anything I have ever used, I would guess it increased distance at least 33% (no exaggeration).  It is no stretch, so it is real sensitive & great for hooksets.  I fish fairly clear water, so I use a fluorocarbon leader, anywhere from 8" to 4 feet depending on what I am throwing.  Have had no issues with the knot between lines as long as I tie it properly.

One of my rigs is used to skip wacky Senko's, so it often begins reeling in slack line.  With monofilament & fluorocarbon (which I use on my casting setups), I used to get birdnests after 30-40 casts.  This almost never happens with the Nanofil & when it does, it is real easy to undo because the line has no memory.

I don't know why others don't use it, my guess is they don't get the knots right.  I swear by it now.

• Like 1

7lb. Sunline Sniper - great all around FC for a spinning reel (drop shot , shaky head , T-Rig , Senko) ...Remember that FC sinks - if that is a concern then better look at something else .

Wild Card : P-Line Flouro Clear in 8lb. It is inexpensive and may work well for you ...

I may be the only person on this entire forum that uses it, but I have been very happy with Berkley Nanofil for my spinning rods. I tried some because my son got a spool for free and have used it on all my spinning setups since. It casts better than anything I have ever used, I would guess it increased distance at least 33% (no exaggeration). It is no stretch, so it is real sensitive & great for hooksets. I fish fairly clear water, so I use a fluorocarbon leader, anywhere from 8" to 4 feet depending on what I am throwing. Have had no issues with the knot between lines as long as I tie it properly.

One of my rigs is used to skip wacky Senko's, so it often begins reeling in slack line. With monofilament & fluorocarbon (which I use on my casting setups), I used to get birdnests after 30-40 casts. This almost never happens with the Nanofil & when it does, it is real easy to undo because the line has no memory.

I don't know why others don't use it, my guess is they don't get the knots right. I swear by it now.

I don't use it because I fish around rocks and zebra mussels a lot. It has nearly zero abrasion resistance. I think I had it on for all of about 10 casts before I stripped it all off.

As far as good line, I like 8lb Tatsu or 8lb Super Natural, if you prefer mono. Both are very clear.

I tried Berkley Trilene 100% Fluoro XL in 6lb test this last year and was really impressed with it. It stretches slightly more than the regular 100% but I had zero problems with it this year and will be respooling a few more reels with it this year.

Fluorocarbon:  Tatsu #8

Copolymer:  Yo-Zuri Hybrid #6

Monofilament: Sunline Super Natural #8

:party-066:

Tywithay - Did you use a leader when you tried it?

My lake doesn't have an abundance of cover that can cause abrasion except for docks. Early this year, I caught a 7.6 that wrapped the Nanofil around a boat prop at a dock. The line held up as I moved in to unwrap it. It was beat up, but it held.

That said, I would agree that if you had a lake with heavy cover, Nanofil wouldn't be my first choice. Then again, with heavy cover, I also wouldn't choose a spinning setup.

Fluorocarbon: Tatsu #8

Copolymer: Yo-Zuri Hybrid #6

Monofilament: Sunline Super Natural #8

:party-066:

does super natural have a lot of stretch?

I have used copolymer Silver Thread AN40 for years. Casts a mile, very abrasion resistant, and virtually invisible. I have never had a tangle with this on my spinning reel. Here's their description:

Designed with an incredibly small diameter, this line can really cover the distance. The AN40 formula is very limp and supple, making it a favorite among fishermen. If you require long casts and low underwater visibility to get close to the fish, look no further than AN40.

Also like the Silver Thread Excalibur.

It's available at Luremet.com and Tackle Warehouse. It's not expensive.

I recently bought Berkley's new line spooler after my home made one bit the dust.  Best money Ive spent towards line has been this line spooler.  It allows you to spool the spool alone like a tackle shop does.  Line goes on even and without the initial twist you get from reeling it on the spinner.  I hate braid and this has allowed me to use mono on my spinner's with a lot less frustration.

For a less expensive option Yo-Zuri Hybrid in 6 lb is a little stiff but still great on a spinning reel.  My all time favorite (little pricey) is Sunline Sniper in 7lb test.