Jump to content
.ghoti.

random thought for the day

Recommended Posts

a marriage is like a deck of cards, with only a few cards in it.

Only takes two hearts and a diamond to get started.

sometime later a club and a spade may be required.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well sir,,,, that's my laugh for the day!!!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, .ghoti. said:

a marriage is like a deck of cards, with only a few cards in it.

Only takes two hearts and a diamond to get started.

sometime later a club and a spade may be required.

Usually because a Joker shows up...

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I saw that on an E-card a few years ago on FB, sent it to my wife , received a middle finger in reply.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, iabass8 said:

I saw that on an E-card a few years ago on FB, sent it to my wife , received a middle finger in reply.

Be glad that is all you received back. Could have been divorce papers and a separate bank account.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

but was that thought really random?

 

The sanctity of marriage consists of 3 rings:

The engagement-ring

The wedding-ring

The suffer-ring  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow....sadness.  I've got 43 years and have to say its getting closer and closer.  Guess I picked a good one by the grace of our good Lord.  We do have family but most of them are unique in our eyes and we're glad to be living many miles away.  Friday night is our date night now and we look forward to doing a couples best ball golf with a bunch of others at a local golf coarse.  (she loves golf...me fishing)  By God's grace I'm hoping for many more years....in fishing terms she's a keeper.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Same here. It's been 43 years for us too.  It's been wedded bliss, waking up to a sweet kiss every day, a partner in life, a gentle touch, support in tough times and laughter in the good times, sharing caring, the joy of children, a twinkle in her eye and a delight in everything we get to do together.  She was looking over my shoulder when I started to reply.  She's gone now.  Probably going to call her mother and talk on the phone for two hours about nothing.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think its so true when i see these posts as to why now younger people are no longer getting married.  Why give up half your stuff for no good reason.  She will stay if she is happy and if not then she leaves and you still have your life and money.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Oregon Native said:

Wow....sadness.  I've got 43 years and have to say its getting closer and closer.  Guess I picked a good one by the grace of our good Lord.  We do have family but most of them are unique in our eyes and we're glad to be living many miles away.  Friday night is our date night now and we look forward to doing a couples best ball golf with a bunch of others at a local golf coarse.  (she loves golf...me fishing)  By God's grace I'm hoping for many more years....in fishing terms she's a keeper.

Agreed, it is all about finding the right match.  

Sometimes one may find that match early in their life, sometimes that match may not exist.  There are many people who would probably have a happier life if they never get married or enter into a long term relationship.  Unfortunately, too often those who don't find the right person blame the institution rather than the real reasons behind their poor choice.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Angry John said:

I think its so true when i see these posts as to why now younger people are no longer getting married.  Why give up half your stuff for no good reason.  She will stay if she is happy and if not then she leaves and you still have your life and money.

If I got married when I was younger half of nothing would still be nothing. :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎9‎/‎25‎/‎2016 at 8:17 AM, Oregon Native said:

Wow....sadness.  I've got 43 years and have to say its getting closer and closer.  Guess I picked a good one by the grace of our good Lord.  We do have family but most of them are unique in our eyes and we're glad to be living many miles away.  Friday night is our date night now and we look forward to doing a couples best ball golf with a bunch of others at a local golf coarse.  (she loves golf...me fishing)  By God's grace I'm hoping for many more years....in fishing terms she's a keeper.

If the rest of your family is in Oregon I think I understand.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/25/2016 at 3:32 PM, Angry John said:

I think its so true when i see these posts as to why now younger people are no longer getting married.  Why give up half your stuff for no good reason.  She will stay if she is happy and if not then she leaves and you still have your life and money.

That's why there is an option for a prenuptial agreement. Lol. 

I have a child out of wedlock.. but me and the mother are still together. We aren't married yet. I see it in our future. But i am a little timid, fearing she will change like "she has me now" .. also I don't want to end up divorced. I think she's great.. but other than for tax and insurance breaks.. I dont see the rush. Everyone is different . But I can be committed to someone without marriage. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • fishing

    bass fishing

    fishing forum

    fishing rods

    fishing rods

    fishing rods


    fishing rods

    fishing reels
    fishing gear

    Truck Caps

    fishing reels
    fishing reels

    fishing

    bass fish

    fish for bass
    fish

×