.ghoti.

random thought for the day

a marriage is like a deck of cards, with only a few cards in it.

Only takes two hearts and a diamond to get started.

sometime later a club and a spade may be required.

• Like 9

Well sir,,,, that's my laugh for the day!!!! 

18 minutes ago, .ghoti. said:

a marriage is like a deck of cards, with only a few cards in it.

Only takes two hearts and a diamond to get started.

sometime later a club and a spade may be required.

Usually because a Joker shows up...

• Like 2

I saw that on an E-card a few years ago on FB, sent it to my wife , received a middle finger in reply.

47 minutes ago, iabass8 said:

I saw that on an E-card a few years ago on FB, sent it to my wife , received a middle finger in reply.

Be glad that is all you received back. Could have been divorce papers and a separate bank account.

but was that thought really random?

The sanctity of marriage consists of 3 rings:

The engagement-ring

The wedding-ring

The suffer-ring  

• Like 2

Wow....sadness.  I've got 43 years and have to say its getting closer and closer.  Guess I picked a good one by the grace of our good Lord.  We do have family but most of them are unique in our eyes and we're glad to be living many miles away.  Friday night is our date night now and we look forward to doing a couples best ball golf with a bunch of others at a local golf coarse.  (she loves golf...me fishing)  By God's grace I'm hoping for many more years....in fishing terms she's a keeper.

• Like 4

Same here. It's been 43 years for us too.  It's been wedded bliss, waking up to a sweet kiss every day, a partner in life, a gentle touch, support in tough times and laughter in the good times, sharing caring, the joy of children, a twinkle in her eye and a delight in everything we get to do together.  She was looking over my shoulder when I started to reply.  She's gone now.  Probably going to call her mother and talk on the phone for two hours about nothing.

• Like 5

I think its so true when i see these posts as to why now younger people are no longer getting married.  Why give up half your stuff for no good reason.  She will stay if she is happy and if not then she leaves and you still have your life and money.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Oregon Native said:

Wow....sadness.  I've got 43 years and have to say its getting closer and closer.  Guess I picked a good one by the grace of our good Lord.  We do have family but most of them are unique in our eyes and we're glad to be living many miles away.  Friday night is our date night now and we look forward to doing a couples best ball golf with a bunch of others at a local golf coarse.  (she loves golf...me fishing)  By God's grace I'm hoping for many more years....in fishing terms she's a keeper.

Agreed, it is all about finding the right match.  

Sometimes one may find that match early in their life, sometimes that match may not exist.  There are many people who would probably have a happier life if they never get married or enter into a long term relationship.  Unfortunately, too often those who don't find the right person blame the institution rather than the real reasons behind their poor choice.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Angry John said:

I think its so true when i see these posts as to why now younger people are no longer getting married.  Why give up half your stuff for no good reason.  She will stay if she is happy and if not then she leaves and you still have your life and money.

If I got married when I was younger half of nothing would still be nothing. :D

On ‎9‎/‎25‎/‎2016 at 8:17 AM, Oregon Native said:

If the rest of your family is in Oregon I think I understand.

On 9/25/2016 at 3:32 PM, Angry John said:

That's why there is an option for a prenuptial agreement. Lol. 

I have a child out of wedlock.. but me and the mother are still together. We aren't married yet. I see it in our future. But i am a little timid, fearing she will change like "she has me now" .. also I don't want to end up divorced. I think she's great.. but other than for tax and insurance breaks.. I dont see the rush. Everyone is different . But I can be committed to someone without marriage.