Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
steverowbotham

Fall smallies

Recommended Posts

Finally got my old man out to do some fall smallie fishing last week.  Fish were on fire in the 28-42 foot flats, chasing small herrings.  Multiple double headers and scraped up a 24-25 pound bag of them.  Still no fall giants showing up for us, but with the weather finally starting to cool off, they should put on the feed bag and get fat for us.

14502860_10154609052343092_8629543946223

14457516_10154482854730420_5899590121779

  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice fish, great pics!

 

:respect-040:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice Smallmouth ~

Congrats

A-Jay

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really nice fish!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Planning a fall trip myself next weekend. What techniques were using to catch them? Drop shot? tubes?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/9/2016 at 11:17 AM, 1simplemann said:

Planning a fall trip myself next weekend. What techniques were using to catch them? Drop shot? tubes?

Those were mostly jerkbait fish

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Those are some great northern smallies. Looks like your dad had a great time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Those are some great smallies!  And if you had a 25lb bag, you definitely had some giants.  (Although that 7lb monster is a tank)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

very nice catch.  Thanks for sharing.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Turkey sandwich said:

Those are some great smallies!  And if you had a 25lb bag, you definitely had some giants.  (Although that 7lb monster is a tank)

Those 7's are the ones we look for.
Had a decent morning this morning before work.
14713081_10154648846258092_5405674471707

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, steverowbotham said:

Those 7's are the ones we look for.
Had a decent morning this morning before work.
14713081_10154648846258092_5405674471707

VERY NICE ~

And Before Work ?

If that was me, Good Luck trying to get the eternal & Silly Ronald McDonald Grin I'd have plastered on, off my face !

ronald_mcdonald.jpg

A-Jay

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sweet smallies! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It amuses me greatly every time you express mild disappointment in a 25 lb. bag.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

On 10/8/2016 at 6:58 AM, steverowbotham said:

Finally got my old man out to do some fall smallie fishing last week.  Fish were on fire in the 28-42 foot flats, chasing small herrings.  Multiple double headers and scraped up a 24-25 pound bag of them.  Still no fall giants showing up for us, but with the weather finally starting to cool off, they should put on the feed bag and get fat for us.

14502860_10154609052343092_8629543946223

14457516_10154482854730420_5899590121779

I know I don't have the best eyesight but I see some giant smallies in those pictures. The fight like no other, nice pics.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Simply incredible! Those are some smallie hogs if ever I saw any. Congrats on some great outings, Im sure every smallie angler that see's this is thinking the same as I am right now. You guys should be doing the superbowl td dance in those pics. Especially the 10/12 pic,..OMG!,.... smallie heaven says I !

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, "hamma" said:

Simply incredible! Those are some smallie hogs if ever I saw any. Congrats on some great outings, Im sure every smallie angler that see's this is thinking the same as I am right now. You guys should be doing the superbowl td dance in those pics. Especially the 10/12 pic,..OMG!,.... smallie heaven says I !

Totally agree,,,, those are some really beautiful hog's,,,, I know they fought like crazy,,,, congrats,,,, 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Outstanding Smallies!

Congrats on a great day. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice smallies man, they're for real. You don't have to say what you got them on but they are looking like drop shot fish in 28 ft. of water. Good luck and good fishing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • fishing

    bass fishing

    fishing forum

    fishing rods

    fishing reels

    bass fish

    fishing

    fishing poles

    fishing reels
    fishing reels

    fishing

    bass fish

    fish for bass
    fish

×