TxHawgs

LC CRANKBAITS?

The following LC CB models are on sale at TW. They have very few and some no reviews. Are these models that just don't produce well or? I'm wanting to purchase some but even on sale there not cheap and I don't want to buy something only to have it sit in my box. Help me out with what ya know, thanks guys!

LC RTO 3.5XD
LC KJ FLAT
LC RTO DD
LC RTO 1.5 2.0 2.5

They all work. Lucky Craft seems to have started to try to compete with the other companies making budget priced baits. It's also possible they're either reworking their baits, or the pros that are featured on the packages are no longer with LC as a sponsor (what happened with Rick Clunn last time they were on sale). 

• Like 1

I fish the LC RTO squarebills in 1.5 size.  I bought them on sale too and have done really well with them.   As mentioned above I do change the hooks out on them

Lucky Craft makes really good baits.  All of those you listed are good.  I'm a big fan of the KJ Flats and all the RTO baits are great.

1 hour ago, Jrob78 said:

Lucky Craft makes really good baits.  All of those you listed are good.  I'm a big fan of the KJ Flats and all the RTO baits are great.

Do you fish the flats in cold water? And in open water as its not a traditional squarebill and will get hung if fished like one.

Haven't fished any of those, but as bluebasser mentioned...they all work.  My favorite LC's are the moonsault cb100 in ghost minnow and the fat bds2 in rootbeer.  One day somebody is going to thank me for my online chatter.

11 hours ago, TxHawgs said:

Do you fish the flats in cold water? And in open water as its not a traditional squarebill and will get hung if fished like one.

I do like them in cold shallow water.  They actually deflect pretty well and don't hang much worse than a regular sq bill.

8 hours ago, Jrob78 said:

I do like them in cold shallow water.  They actually deflect pretty well and don't hang much worse than a regular sq bill.

Thanks for the deflection info, help me in purchase decision. Appreciate it!

• Like 1