I was telling my son about my worn Shimano stradic yesterday, and how I was considering either fixing it or replacing it.

He went and bought me a new Shimano Nasci 3000hg, which is the comparable size to my stradic. I am thrilled at his generosity, but was wondering what experience y'all have had with the nasci line.?

I would have bought a few more  Symetres over the last couple of years. It’s been replaced by the Nasci. As good if not better. No problems with them. 

• Like 1

I have a couple of NASCI reels that were intended for ultralight rods. However, from my kayak where a big spool of line isn't all that necessary nor great casting distance, just because I am short a spinning reel, I have used a 1000 NASCI on a ML rod with really good success fishing for bass.

Of course, if you use back reeling, it is a no go. And, no, it isn't a Stradic Ci4+, but at 40% of the price it is 80% of the better reel. 

I think you will really like this reel, may decide to never return to the higher end models. No doubt that many have done this very thing a "step up on the quality ladder" by choosing a Stradic Ci4+  . . . or several of them . . . over owning one Shimano Stella.

Brad

• Like 2

I used it this last season, I like it. Every bit worth it’s $99. 

• Like 2

Fantastic reel. I have 3 seasons on mine (1000 size) and it's working like new.

• Like 2

It's the best spinning reel I have. In my humble opinion it's the best $100 spinning reel on the market. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ohboyitsrobby said:

It's the best spinning reel I have. In my humble opinion it's the best $100 spinning reel on the market. 

Agree 110%

They claim there is a seal in them that the Symetre did not have. Helps keep it dry if it takes a dunk. I have not had to repair or rebuild any yet. I’m fishing the 2000 series. Great reel. 

The old Stradic reel went real cheap at the new introduction. Should have bought a few but like many guys I just can’t lay out that kind of $$$ just to have a reel set around. There was nothing wrong with the old Stradic design. 

• Like 1

I have a 2500 been using it for a season mainly fishing senkos. No complaints here

• Like 2

I've never used one but it looks like a great reel.

When are we going to see the pictures of the first fish you catch with it?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Log Catcher said:

When are we going to the pictures of the first fish you catch with it?

large.20190221_133618-606x808.jpg.15a6b07f6a006858a4fa2e7563b13457.jpg

• Like 2