Jump to content
Jake51823

Best copolymer fishing line

Recommended Posts

I was thinking about investing into some McCoy’s Premium Co-Polymer in clear blue fluorescent sense I’m a line watcher. Any other good suggestions before I go for this co-poly? I really like co-poly line as I feel I get the best of both worlds of mono and fluoro and found it to be more sensitive than just straight mono. Also heard the P-Line brand is good with co-poly. 

I know there is no “best” co-poly line just want to hear thoughts and experiences with them. 

I would be using this on my t rig

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, FishTank said:

CXX is the has been great for me.  I might not use it on spinning gear though.

I’ve been doing some research and all that and read that CX has way less memory than CXX, whereas of course CXX is more abrasion resistance. Also CX has the clear fluorescent. Does CXX have any big advantages besides being tougher that you know of? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Jake51823 said:

I’ve been doing some research and all that and read that CX has way less memory than CXX, whereas of course CXX is more abrasion resistance. Also CX has the clear fluorescent. Does CXX have any big advantages besides being tougher that you know of? 

It has low stretch and it casts a mile.  Overall most of the Co-poly lines I have tried have been great up to a point.  Once they are done, they're done.  For me they don't tend to last as long as FC but the cost definitely offsets the longevity.   You just need to change it more often if it is your main line. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, FishTank said:

It has low stretch and it casts a mile.  Overall most of the Co-poly lines I have tried have been great up to a point.  Once they are done, they're done.  For me they don't tend to last as long as FC but the cost definitely offsets the longevity.   You just need to change it more often if it is your main line. 

I do like the low stretch aspect, will have to give both a try at some point and make a decision, whichever feels right! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another vote for CXX.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Cgrinder said:

Another vote for CXX.

Good to know seems to be pretty popular. Thank you for sharing your thoughts would love to hear more views! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been using Silver Thread since 1994. From 6-17 lb test I have never been disappointed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was a Mccoy user but switched back to Original Stren in Clear Blue. Stren seems to be a little stronger line. I can't a difference between most monos and copolymers that I've tried

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

McCoy doesn't offer a Fluoro coploymer blend or coextruded Fluoro over mono core hybrid line. The do offer a coploymer line of blended nylons similar to P-Line CX or CXX, not Fluoro Clear.

No bass angler can feel any difference between monofilament like Big Game or XT from Coploymer line like CXX of equal diameters. What separates mono or coploy lines are memory, abrasion resistance, knot strength, impact strength, diameter per lb test* and color preference.

Line stretch % per lb test is within a few % points between FC, Copoly, Hybrid and mono. *Compare line by it's diameter, not marketing claims.

If the line feels good to you and you have confidence using it, it's good.

Tom

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, WRB said:

McCoy doesn't offer a Fluoro coploymer blend or coextruded Fluoro over mono core hybrid line. The do offer a coploymer line of blended nylons similar to P-Line CX or CXX, not Fluoro Clear.

No bass angler can feel any difference between monofilament like Big Game or XT from Coploymer line like CXX of equal diameters. What separates mono or coploy lines are memory, abrasion resistance, knot strength, impact strength, diameter per lb test* and color preference.

Line stretch % per lb test is within a few % points between FC, Copoly, Hybrid and mono. *Compare line by it's diameter, not marketing claims.

If the line feels good to you and you have confidence using it, it's good.

Tom

I’m starting to get more of an understanding. Essentially choosing your favorite line is trial and error. Guess I’ll have to buy a few at a time and really spend some time fishing. Thank you for your input. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve been using McCoys for a while now on my crankbait and spinnerbait setups and like it. Casts great and I haven’t had any break offs. Have used P-line CX in the past and liked that as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

CXX here

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve been using yo-Zuri hybrid co-polymer lines for years. I can’t complain about it. I have green and smoke, no fluorescent. Don’t know if it is available.  

 

Their 6lb test is astoundingly strong

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yo-Zuri Hybrid

 

#6 for spinning tackle

#12 for baitcasting gear

 

work it out party hard GIF by Padma Lakshmi

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This may all be subjective, but I like CX premium more than CXX. CXX is tough but doesn't cast nearly as well and can be springy. I haven't tried Yo Zuri but keeping meaning too. But I like Sufix siege better than either CX or CXX; I am not sure siege qualifies as a copolymer line, it can be hard to figure out that category, but it is a tough strong line that casts really well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, roadwarrior said:

Yo-Zuri Hybrid

 

#6 for spinning tackle

#12 for baitcasting gear

 

work it out party hard GIF by Padma Lakshmi

This X2 those exact 2 lines...

 

...drop the mic

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

P Line CXX........Can't go wrong,pound for pound!!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sunline  Defier Armillo for single hook lures and Sunline Defier for trebles. Yes those lines are expensive, but they are manageable and strong and you get what you pay for. Armillo comes in 170 yd spools that have some red line in the middle of them so you can put it on 2 different reels with some backing.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Both are good lines, but I prefer Hybrid over CXX. It's a little more supple. 

 

I use 10 and 12# on casting setups, mostly 12#. The 10# is my preferred jerkbait/crankbait line. The 6# is passable on spinning reels, but I much prefer a braid-to-fluoro-leader setup. FWIW, the 4# is an excellent walleye ice fishing line.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BassThumb said:

Both are good lines, but I prefer Hybrid over CXX. It's a little more supple. 

 

I use 10 and 12# on casting setups, mostly 12#. The 10# is my preferred jerkbait/crankbait line. The 6# is passable on spinning reels, but I much prefer a braid-to-fluoro-leader setup. FWIW, the 4# is an excellent walleye ice fishing line.

I have some 6lb and 12lb YZH that I haven’t tried yet people are also suggesting 6lb CX for spinning and 10lb CXX for baitcast. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've got 4# Yo-Zuri on my UL rig and 10# Yo-Zuri on the Trion which is my main crank/jerkbait rod. Long as you treat the line with KVD or something else, it's very managable, little memory and I've yet to lose a lure due to knot failure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • fishing

    fishing forum

    fishing rods

    fishing poles

    fishing

    fishing poles

    fishing poles

    fishing reels

    fishing

    fishing

    bass fish

    fish for bass
    fish

×
×
  • Create New...