Sign in to follow this  
skeeterman24

Has anyone used the Trilene 100% Fuoro?

I have always used mono, but this new Trilene Flouro is trying it's best to convert me.  I have it on my worm/jig rod and love it. The price is about the only con I have, but it seems to be worth it compared to the $10 for Vanish. Try it, you'll like it.

IMHO, it is the best bang for the buck when it comes to Fluorocarbon.  It is the only one that I have tried that actually lives up to what it claims to be able to do.  Simply, great line.

I totally love the stuff. The price is right along the line of any other high quality flouro but this stuff comes in green and still disapears under water.

I am really thinking about making the switch from mono to this stuff. What do you recommend clear or green tint?

Also... how does it perform on spinning reels?

Does it have a lower memory than other fluros? Thats what Im in search for right now fluro with out alot of memory.

It does have a little memory, but its not bad at all. Especially compared to some of the other flouro's out there.

Is this the one that The_Natural was bragging about?  I think I want to give it a shot this year.

burley your avitar ,,,, is rather intence ....  i do like it tho .... lol  ;D

for those who have tried it, how is the knot stregnth??  I am currently testing Vanish and the knots are hit and miss...   I am using the Trilene knot and one time it will be tough as nails and the next it breaks immediately.

I am really thinking about making the switch from mono to this stuff. What do you recommend clear or green tint?

Also... how does it perform on spinning reels?

This performs really well on spinning reels.  As a rule of thumb though, instead of filling the spool to within 1/8 inch of the edge of the spool, make it about 1/4 inch.  It is also wise to use a mono backing, just to save some money.  Reel Magic really works well, especially in cooler temps, it will make the line more supple.

I spooled up some 15# and used it on my soft plastics rod this past week in Florida. In the past I have only used flouro as a leader because I thought it was too stiff. This past week has made a convert out of me. I plan on trying it on all of my set ups except my topwater and frog rods. The flouro looked a little stiff in my slack line but I didn't notice the stiffness when I cast. This line seemed to have all the qualities of other flouros but not the stiffness of others. I agree that it is best not to overfill the spool and keep it about 1/4 " from the top. I understand that it will get even softer with age and because it is so durable you can keep in on your reel much longer than mono. As for the cost I feel it is a bit high but the fact that you don't have to re-spool as much this helps defray the cost.

Trick for new line on a spinning reel.

This works for any line with any memory.

After putting new line on a spinning reel. Secure it in the line catch on the spool and then take the spool off and soak it in hot tap water for 5 minutes. This will give it the memory of the reel so it won't fly off on the cast.

This stuff is the best fluoro to hit the market IMHO.   Super soft with amazing abrasion resistance.  You'll swear you bought Trilene XL by mistake...  I ponied up for two 2,000yd spools (12 and 15lb), so I am set for a while.  Try it...you won't be disappointed.  

I spooled up one my Stradics today with 8lb.  I didn't catch anything but it cast as well as any line of have tried on a spinning reel.  Great stuff.

Well I guess I am going to try it........you guys are killing me.