Sign in to follow this  
Rich Tehan

Re: Best Mono For Spinning Tackle

Stren is a good mono.  If you want a good quality line, might I suggest P-line Fluoroclear.  It's a co-polymer.  It's perfect for spinning tackle because it has low-memory, but it's lower diameter than mono.  It's better than mono but a little bit more expensive.  For the bluegills and crappie, I would just stick with mono.

Sufix elite 6-8# is a good mono for spinning reels.  Try yo-zuri hybrid for a co-poly I like it a whole lot more than mono.

I have always liked Trilene Sensation, thin and limp like XL, but with better abrasion resistance and less stretch.

Welcome aboard!

Spinning tackle: #6 Yo-Zuri Hybrid Ultra Soft (.010" diameter, 11.9 lb test)

Baitcasting gear: #12 Hybrid or Hybrid Ultra Soft (.013" diameter, 19.5 lb test)

8-)

Sufix elite 6-8# is a good mono for spinning reels. Try yo-zuri hybrid for a co-poly I like it a whole lot more than mono.

I like the Sufix alot. And the Gamma co-polymer,Big game is also a good line for mano.

Roadwarrior made a fine suggestion with the Yo-Zuri.  I also really like P-Line Premium on spinning gear.  I've had bad experiences with the P-Line Flouroclear however.

Thanks for all your input. 8-) Please vote on the pole I added. These are the lines I m looking at. They all sound like good choices. Thanks again, Mike 8-)

ive always used trilene xl becuase its so cheap. ive never had a problem with it , but i plan on picking up some sufix elite.

http://www.tackletour.com/reviewsufixelite.html

Me too. Then switched to 8lb Yo-Zuri Hybrid. IMO it does everything better than XL. Stretch, abrasion reistance, strength, diameter, handling.

I have always used Stren, lately XL 8-10 lb test has been in use. I looked for some yo zuri today, but all they has was 15 -50 lb test.. >;)

Guess I'll have to order some online.. :)

Go with the Yo-Zuri, even if you cannot find it in Ultra Soft.  ;)

IMHO  #8 CX Premium doesn't seem as strong as #6 YZ-US, but it's a lot more manageable.  Of these two CX is better for MY use.

where is the Trilene Sensation??  I love that stuff.  I can't seem to break 8lb Sensation off.

Go with the Yo-Zuri, even if you cannot find it in Ultra Soft. ;)

I love the hybrid line for my baitcasters but haven't tried it with spinning tackle yet.  

The ultra soft works well.

i had both suffix and the elite suffix and liked them both for the most part. i used 12 and 14lb and it seemed a bit stiff but its tough line imo.