Sign in to follow this  
Rand

Loomis Warranty Question

Have a GLX that tip broke off of this weekend! I was removing jig from baitkeeper and going to untwist line from rod....................next thing I know about 8 inches broke off top. Honestly have no idea what happened. How understanding is the warranty dept? WHAT A SICK FEELING!

Rand

They are very understanding.  Call and ask about their Xpeditor service.  They don't care if you were sloppy drunk and used your rod to turn on the tv.  Fifty bones, and a new one is on the way.  

check out their website too if you havent already.  You might be able to do it all over the net.

They don't have to be "understanding", the warranty is

NO QUESTIONS ASKED. Call or e-mail according to

the instructions on the G. Loomis website. They charge you

$50, send a replacement rod and you return your broken

equipment within 30 days. No hassles!

8-)

They don't have to be "understanding", the warranty is

NO QUESTIONS ASKED. Call or e-mail according to

the instructions on the G. Loomis website. They charge you

$50, send a replacement rod and you return your broken

equipment within 30 days. No hassles!

8-)

That's one option. The other would be to use the normal warranty, but it isn't "No questions asked" if I'm not mistaken. Might wind up paying the extra few bucks anyway.

To the OP: You also might try seeing if the shop you bought it from can do anything for you. I used to work at a Loomis dealer a little while back, and we returned rods for people from time to time. Loomis never charged us return shipping on the rods and never asked us any questions. We only charged shipping to Loomis, but we did try to take care of the people who kept us in business (small shop).

Going back and forh between expedited or reg return. Really don't have $50 right now to spend on it.

Rand

Not sure you can "go back and forth" on this one.

From their website:

http://www.gloomis.com/publish/content/gloomis/en/g__loomis_homepage/customerservice/warrantyinformation/g_loomis_limited_lifetime.html

Should damage occur due to defect, G.Loomis will, at the company's discretion, either repair or replace the product at no charge. Damages occurring due to neglect, accident or normal wear and tear will, at the company's discretion, be repaired or replaced for a specific fee. A full estimate will be provided for your approval before any repair work is initiated.

Either way, I hope you are able to get it replaced.

Nobody said you have to do it like right now in this very instant.

How good is their warranty ? heck, it ain 't even has to be a "new" rod, it applies to older rods too, if they don 't make anymore the model they send you the closest one to the one you broke.

How good is their warranty ? heck, it ain 't even has to be a "new" rod, it applies to older rods too, if they don 't make anymore the model they send you the closest one to the one you broke.

Now that is an awesome warranty!!!

As soon as I can afford a GLX I will have one.

I broke the tip off my GLX the other day as well... Have a tourney this weekend in arizona, leaving on thursday. They shipped my rod yesterday and it'll be here today. $50 hurts, but the warranty sure provides some peace of mind.

From their website:

http://www.gloomis.com/publish/content/gloomis/en/g__loomis_homepage/customerservice/warrantyinformation/g_loomis_limited_lifetime.html

Should damage occur due to defect, G.Loomis will, at the company's discretion, either repair or replace the product at no charge. Damages occurring due to neglect, accident or normal wear and tear will, at the company's discretion, be repaired or replaced for a specific fee. A full estimate will be provided for your approval before any repair work is initiated.

its my understanding that they ship the rod to you first and you ship the broken one back in the tube they provided. if you dont ship it back, they charge you for it. i dont know how they would repair the damaged rod if they already mailed you a replacement...

From their website:

its my understanding that they ship the rod to you first and you ship the broken one back in the tube they provided. if you dont ship it back, they charge you for it. i dont know how they would repair the damaged rod if they already mailed you a replacement...

That's if you use their Xpediter service. If you use the normal warranty, you send it in first...

http://www.gloomis.com/publish/content/gloomis/en/g__loomis_homepage/customerservice/warrantyinformation.html

See - two options.