Sign in to follow this  
bigtimfish

How many rods do YOU carry?

On a normal fishing trip, how many rods do you carry? And what brands? 12 for me 8 American rodsmith,1 h&h hxs,1 all star,1 falcon,1e21

It varies, anywhere from 1-4, from the shore only. I have brands from Lamiglas to Shimano to Loomis. I guess it just depends on my mood.  ;D

Enough to get the job done!

5  ;)

If I'm just out with some buddys and not practicing for a tournament, 3 or 4. If its a tournament or practicing for one, then about 6.

I carry 15 at all times.  I'm extreme on technique specific rods and in many cases I will have the same baits on multiple rods in different colors or sizes if I am on a particular pattern during a tournament.  For example, if I have a jig bite going I may have 3 flippin sticks rigged with jigs of different weights, colors or trailers.

First tournament is this weekend and we are suppose to get 2 inches of rain.  :'(

Steve

I usually carry 2 spinning setups fishing from the shore and so far its been a Cabelas Mag Touch w/Quantum Catalyst PTI-A20, Berkley Amp w/Quantum Kinetic PTI-B20 and interchange between my Cabelas XML w/Shimano Sahara 1000 and Daiwa Rod/BPS Viper 30 for spinning

I usually add one B/C setup now as well which would be a Cabelas Fish Eagle II w/Daiwa Prodigy or Cabelas XMLTi w/Quantum Accurist PT and soon to be Damiki Angel EX w/Quantum Energy PT

I carry six at the moment.

If I had any money to buy more I would carry about 20.

Since I have a small boat, I carry only three of four. One cranking rod, one light plastics rod, a heavier rod for buzzbaits or spinnerbaits, and a casting rod for heavier plastics, deep cranks, big spinnerbaits, or frogs.

My boat, 10-13 all Dobyns Rods

Shore, 2-5 depending on where .

any where from 4-6, if I had my own boat i would defiantly have more.

4 baitcast; Flipping, Soft Plastic, topwater/spinner biat, and crank bait.

2 spinning; dropshot/shaky, and one for lighter weightless tackle. I'll carry a combination of those on an outing  

I have 20 rigged and ready to go, usually take app 12 combos. Selection is based on time of year and type of lake that I'm fishing. I have a mix of rod brands, I use BPS  for crankin', the others are mix of Looomis, Roques , BnR Outlaw and this spring picked up 2 Setyr rods because the local tackle shop took $75 off the list price.I have few older rods that are out of the current rotation that I keep around in case I bust a guide etc.

Man, i only take 5 usually! Crankin(BPS) set up, 2 worm rods(St. Croix), topwater rig(Abu Garcia) and my trusty Powell flippin stick.

1) crank rod

2) worm rod

3) spinning rod for lighter stuff

4) this year, my new jig rod =)

I don't know how people can carry 5 rods shore fishing along with tackle boxes and other stuff. I only bring 2 rods shore fishing.

Citica 201D on a Compre 6'6" M

President 6725 on a Fugly Stick Lite 5' UL

i fish from shore.

1) crank rod

2) worm rod

3) spinning rod for lighter stuff

4) this year, my new jig rod =)

I don't know how people can carry 5 rods shore fishing along with tackle boxes and other stuff. I only bring 2 rods shore fishing.

Yeah, 5 is a bit much, but 3-4 is very easy, actually. Use a soft bag/backpack vs. a traditional hard cased tackle box to carry your plano boxes, and carry a rod quiver to handle your rods. Do a quick search for rod quiver.  ;) When I take 4 rods, 3 are carried with one hand.

Nine, in my canoe. All arranged in a rack in front of me.

In a pinch, I could work with ten. Nine in the rack, and one in my hand. With nine, there is always an empty slot when I am fishing.

DSC03358.jpg

DSC03360.jpg

4 baitcasters, 2 spinning, all GLoomis GLX

In a pinch, I could work with ten. Nine in the rack, and one in my hand. With nine, there is always an empty slot when I am fishing.

That is a slick setup Rhino! This maybe a dumb question but what are the wheels for in front of your seat?

That is a slick setup Rhino! This maybe a dumb question but what are the wheels for in front of your seat?

Not a dumb question at all. It is the carrier for the canoe. It has a "kickstand" to keep it upright until the canoe is strapped on. The kickstand is the top piece of tubing that goes across to the opposite side of the carrier.

The entire unit can be folded. Since it fits nicely in the canoe, no need to take off the hand nuts to fold the wheels.

Place it near the balance point under the canoe, secure it, flip up the kickstand, and roll it away like a baby carriage.

It came from LL Bean, and works like a charm. Some of the places I fish do not have a launching ramp. So, I unload my canoe onto the carrier, and roll it through the woods to the shore.

Some places, I can leave it by the water, in other places it gets locked up in the truck.

I have 50+ rigs and some additional extra reels with different line types and strengths. Yesterday I carried 17 with me. I switch them as the seasonal patterns change.