Sign in to follow this  
budaman

i know i know

i know this has probably been a thread a million times but i am thinking of my next bait caster i had a daiwa i have 150$ what do u think would be the best reel for that money its probably going to be used for multiple different lures no shimanos no offense just not that interested. thx

Another Daiwa.

I love Daiwa and Revos. But if I had to choose I would go with a REVO SX our wal-mart here sales them for $149. If you sweet talk the nice lady at Abu Garcia you can still get the Wiley X glasses for free.

Another Daiwa.

Duh...

::)

I'll be interested to see what if any specific models are recommended here...  this is a tough one because I think the Curado E's own this price point.  (ebay stores)

curado hands down. I know your not interested in shimanos though I am not quite sure why anyone would not want the best :)

Or you can step up from a Curado and buy a Revo SX.   It's a tough, smooth reel that casts like a champ.  However, I agree with the Daiwa comments.  That's what I would go for.  A Daiwa Advantage HSTA is a great choice.  Or you can find a Daiwa Fuego on sale.  I got my Fuegos for $149 ($100 off MSRP).  These are light, extremely smooth reels.  

Hey everyone,

I just have to weigh in on this because I was in your shoes not long ago.  I would tell you to see if you can find a store, or ebay with left over Quantum Tour Edition PT baitcaster.  I tried one, you can pick them up for around 100-120 brand new in a couple of different gear ratios.  They are awesome reels, especially for the price.  Anyway, good luck with your decision.  If you are shopping in that price range you probably wont go wrong.  

Sorry, I didnt specify but I meant the older model, the light blue one.  Great reel, great price!

Or you can step up from a Curado and buy a Revo SX. It's a tough, smooth reel that casts like a champ. However, I agree with the Daiwa comments. That's what I would go for. A Daiwa Advantage HSTA is a great choice. Or you can find a Daiwa Fuego on sale. I got my Fuegos for $149 ($100 off MSRP). These are light, extremely smooth reels.

you lucky dog.

thx but i was talking about specific reels i had a daiwa pti i beleve but now im ready for the big guns thx

I have a brand new in box daiwa luna 203 forsale. Really solid. $155 shipped. pm me if you are interested.