Sign in to follow this  
stryk9

who makes the best custom rods?

where are some good places to have a custom rod made? my fathers birthday is coming up and i wanted to get him a really nice custom rod. any suggestions as to where to look?

reel mechanic on these forums makes nice rods i dont own any yet but seen his work

Matt Davis of Otterods makes some of the sickest looking rods I have ever seen/

Later, ;)

thats a tough call, while I've never seen many of the builders work that frequant here, I can give a full testimony to George Blancus of GBlanks Customs. His work is crisp, clean and very neat. As a matter of fact he's spinning another rod on the table for me now. This will be my second Rainshadow RX8+ rod.  I like it simple, All Black!

DSC09962.jpg

DSC09964.jpg

ejtaylor822 make some pretty good rods too i have had the pleasure of throwing one of his. He is currently making me two right now one for me getting out of the Marine Corps and one for my dad for fathers day.

Weaver Craft Fishing

check this thread he has some pics of his last one. he will work with you till your heart is content on what you want for your rod has a wide variety of everything. one for the corps

thats a tough call, while I've never seen many of the builders work that frequant here, I can give a full testimony to George Blancus of GBlanks Customs. His work is crisp, clean and very neat. As a matter of fact he's spinning another rod on the table for me now. This will be my second Rainshadow RX8+ rod. I like it simple, All Black!

DSC09962.jpg

DSC09964.jpg

well i have to say that is a beautiful rod... does he only go through ebay?

With thousands of builders in this country, that is a hard question to answer.

It would all be owner preference of course.

While I appreciate the mentions, I know of 3 builders/members here that are better than I am.

I only do my own rods now, and use that side of the shop for walkin rod repairs only.

Tight Lines All!!!  

Alpster ( I do not know if he builds for a fee), EJ Taylor and Fletchero, all do fine work right here,

Thanks for the mention, Muddy- but with the baby here, I'm not able to take any orders for a while. Hopefully I'll be back on a limited basis, later this year.

stryk9,

Eddie (ejtaylor) would be on my short list of people to contact if I was making a recommendation...

thats a tough call, while I've never seen many of the builders work that frequant here, I can give a full testimony to George Blancus of GBlanks Customs. His work is crisp, clean and very neat. As a matter of fact he's spinning another rod on the table for me now. This will be my second Rainshadow RX8+ rod. I like it simple, All Black!

DSC09962.jpg

DSC09964.jpg

well i have to say that is a beautiful rod... does he only go through ebay?

no he works of his own site as well, email: gblanks@cox.net and the site is http://www.imaginationbassin.com/gblankscontact.htm Larry is the guy you want to speak with.  You wont be disappointed, at all.

X2 on EJTaylor

I have one of his rods that he made for me as well as one for my buddy "one for the corps"

you can't go wrong. Sometimes I feel quilty for fishing the one that he built for me, but then again i feel quilty if I don't. Send him a PM you will not be disapointed.

memo

Matt Davis of Otterods makes some of the sickest looking rods I have ever seen/

Later, ;)

Another vote for Matt.  He is currently building me an epic Horny Toad stick.  The level of his craftman ship is on par with the JDM builders.  

another vote for ejtaylor.

I have 2 rods made by him. He really takes the time to make sure things are perfect. Great service and good prices. I really doesn't get better then that