Sign in to follow this  
jacobhookem

TD Fuego

I just ordered a fuego off of tackle warehouse and was wondering what you guys think of this reel? What things dont you like about it and what do you like about it?

I'm kind of a  Shimano guy, but I admit, I almost bought a Fuego not long ago when  they were on sale at bps.

i like the Fuego very much. the reel will handle a wide range of techniques.

i am using mine for lipless cranks.

I got one on sale this winter as well, but it isn't a very good ice fishing reel  ;D I will have to wait a few weeks to try it

I have one. I use it exclusivley for senko's, fat ika's,flukes. It will cast any of those baits a mile with 12lb sufix seige. They are very smooth and a very small profile compared to my revo's. A very good reel. If i could I would buy another without hesitation.

I like them a lot. I use them for worming, jerkbaits, jigs, weightless plastic. 

I liked them so much that after I got my first, then I got my second, then my third, fourth, fifth and sixth. Replaced most of my REVOS except the Winch and two SX's that are going to be let go soon. Kind of want to sell off my 2 TD SOL's as well.

Maybe if I sell those three off I could get a Zillion Crazy Cranker, or more realistically a BPS Pro Qualifier 5-1 and pay off some of the credit card balance. :-/

Those Fuegos are nice reels.

I have 2 of them, they are the best reel in its class for the $150 or so, price. They have an excellent drag and the mag brake is very precise. I used to have Curado B's and Citica 100's but I think the Fuego is a better reel.

The Fuego is an excellent, light, all-around reel.  I've used mine for just about every technique I fish.  They are smooth, meticulously made, exceptionally well finished, and cast a mile.  At current clearance prices, I don't think there is a better deal out there.