Sign in to follow this  
ODgreen

ok how about braid on a spinning reel?

It is very possible and I would highly recommend it. Typically, I will stick with # test that has an equivalent diameter of the # test mono I would normally put on a spinning reel if that makes sense. So, 20 or 25 pound test braid works fine for me. Some guys will tell you to go heavier, but 25 # test is plenty strong for the places I fish. Some brands to try: Fireline braid, PowerPro, Spiderwire, and P-Line Spectrex

I've used Fireline on spinning reels with great results, especially in cold weather. No coiling line like many mono lines.

I use 10-20lb test unless I'm fishing super clear water

I fish nothing but spinning and use nothing but braid. 10# for lakes and ponds, 15# for canals, need a bit of strength to lift them from a high banks.

The weakest superline I use on spinning gear is the 6# mono diameter. That includes Fireline 14#, Stren Superbraid 20#, and Samurai 30#. The stongest superline I use on spinning gear is the 8# mono diameter and that includes Stren Superbraid 30# and Samural 40#, Fireline Tracer Braid 30#, Spiderwire Ultracast Ultimate Braid 30#, and Stren Sonic 30#.

To me, braided line and spinning reels are the way to go.  It doesn't fall off the spool in coils like a stiff fluoro or mono, it resists line twist better, it lasts longer, and you feel everything.  I use 10, 15 and 20 with short fluoro leaders (4-6ft).

Just remember to close the bail manually and give the line a light tug to get rid of any loose coils.

been using 30# powerpro on my sahara4000 for quite a while and no issues at all

For the last three years I have used 20# PowerPro on a MH spinning rod/reel set-up for Senkos and all soft plastics.

BRAID on a Spinning Reel??

Roger

Toray 22# test, Varivas 15#, Berkley.  Leader or no leader it's the way to fly

I seldom use anything but braid on my spinning reels. Use ten or fifteen pound test powerpro for bass.

Always have a seaguar carbon pro leader material attached as rocks will cut small diameter polyethylene lines quickly.

I haven't tried it, but is it possible and if so how do I know what test I can use?

What size reel is it?

not sure, its a BPS Stampede that can hold up to 12# according to whats on the side of the reel.