Sign in to follow this  
little_stephen

a general complaint

I just wanted to put it out there.... as a member of the forum, that I think that some of the strings being "moved" from category to category are kind of rediculous......

I dont want to go into details, but if anyone else agrees I think its our duty as members of this online community to speak up...... so....... ive exercised my right to free speech. does anyone agree with me!? i dont know.... if not I do want it to be known that Im by no means "cutting" on the staff..... I just think that its kind of our job as the people who make this site work to say when something is bothering us!

Sorry if i offended anyone..... I meant it totally out of respect and to prove said point..... I want to thank the staff of bassresource.com for allowing us all to have access to such an AWESOME pool of knowledge and advice!

~sincerly~

The way it works, is that the "moved" notification stays up if the member who made the original post has 10 or less posts under his belt.  This is to help them learn where they should have posted.  

If they have more than 10 posts, then they know the lay of the land by then, so the "moved" notification is deleted.

Hope that helps!

Since we're voicing our complaints:

COME ON GLENN!!!  The 6 minutes that it took you to respond to that complaint was way too long. ;D

Seriously, I don't get that good of customer service at Wal-Mart.  :-/

Did you just compare me to WalMart?  You didn't just do that, did you?  ;)

If it really didn't matter where you start a thread, there would only be one forum. Us moving threads to the correct forum is for YOUR benefit. A thread in the correct forum gets maximum exposure, which in turn gets your questions answered better.

At first I thought the same thing about the intensive moderation -until I was around long enough to understand why things are done as they are. Very thoughtful moderating here.

If this site had few members, such  action would seem like overkill. But with this kind of volume, it makes sense. I'm well used to it now, and the moving of threads has brought me to sections I hadn't looked at before.

Kudos to Glenn and the others. Simply amazing job you guys do here.

Hey, shouldn't this be in the Everything Else section? :)

We certainly wouldn't "Hate" it if everyone took the time to read the board headings BEFORE posting to make sure it's in the right place to begin with. ;)

Some topics are moved without rhyme or reason... :-X

It's a conspiracy Burleyman, shhhhh!  

Moving threads into the correct section also helps when someone does a search for something on that topic. It helps the search engine.

If you stick around for a while you will see the advantages of having limited but strict locations to put threads.

but if anyone else agrees I think its our duty as members of this online community to speak up...... so....... ive exercised my right to free speech. does anyone agree with me!?

~sincerly~

No I'm fine with it, its for the better as they say.  Way to go with explaining it, good job

The whole Glenn/Walmart thing has me perplexed.  I see him more as a Cabela's guy.   ;D

Shouldn't this thread be moved to "Everything Else"?

I'm just sayin'...

:D

I'm assuming this post started somewhere else?

They missed your humor if so Daniel... I thought it was hilarious!

The whole Glenn/Walmart thing has me perplexed.  I see him more as a Cabela's guy.   ;D

i dont know, i could totally see him sportin one of those sweet blue vests!!

On one hand I think how hard is it to read the category and post in the right one.

On the other hand something must be lacking as so many newbies get posts moved.  Hard to tell how many posts are moved for more experienced.

Something just doesn't add up.

The whole Glenn/Walmart thing has me perplexed. I see him more as a Cabela's guy. ;D

i dont know, i could totally see him sportin one of those sweet blue vests!!

With all the buttons all over it!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D

On one hand I think how hard is it to read the category and post in the right one.

On the other hand something must be lacking as so many newbies get posts moved. Hard to tell how many posts are moved for more experienced.

Something just doesn't add up.

Newbies get moved a lot. For the most part, guys just join up and start blasting without reviewing the site. After awhile, the various sections start to make sense.

8-)

If it really didn't matter where you start a thread, there would only be one forum. Us moving threads to the correct forum is for YOUR benefit. A thread in the correct forum gets maximum exposure, which in turn gets your questions answered better.

Yup.

The mods do an AWESOME job!! Keep it up!

-Ike

For the most part, guys just join up and start blasting without reviewing the site

That's it! And it's not like there aren't stickies that say "READ ME-BEFORE POSTING QUESTIONS" at the top of EVERY SINGLE SECTION.

It only takes one extra click to change sections... So with that in mind, there are only about 3 possibilities... lazy, slow or inattentive. ;D Which would you like to be? I think I'll keep posting in the right sections. ...lol

That's it!  And it's not like there aren't stickies that say "READ ME-BEFORE POSTING QUESTIONS" at the top of EVERY SINGLE SECTION.  

So your the guy that actually reads the owner/instruction manual before using or assembling. ;)