Do you remember the first bait you ever bought ?

Yup. It was a long long time ago. Actually, it was more like 2 or 3 months. My little brother set me up with some of his extra stuff to get me started but the first I ever bought was a 1/4 ounce Mepps Aglia Inline Spinner. Got it snagged after 3 casts and lost it. After that I picked up a Scum Frog Popper and a couple Bandit crankbaits.

I bought 3 Heddon top water lures with money I received for my 6th birthday. Crazy Crawler, Meadow Mouse and a Tiny Torpedo. The mouse had a metal lip and a leather tail and it drove the farm pond bass crazy. I still have the crawler 37 years later.

A prerigged Creme worm with the spinner in front, I caught everything on that little bait.

I wish I could remember what I did yesterday as opposed to remembering what was the first bait I purchased.

I do remember some important "first purchases" in my life but not any bait or lure.

Am I old or what?????

A prerigged Creme worm with the spinner in front, I caught everything on that little bait.

Bluebasser, don't tell anyone but I still use that Creme bait and will be using it in a tournament next weekend.

My first was an L&S jointed lure that looked like a bullhead. Never caught a fish with it.

Heddon Lucky 13, red head shiner pattern. Bought it around the early 1960's to go along with my Pflueger "SilKast" knuckle buster. Still have the Silkast and a tubular steel rod it is on. :)

The first lure I ever bought, was a Hula Popper, and the first plastic I ever purchased, was a bag of white Slug-O's. I was 7 or 8 years old, and that popper caught me my first big fish (probably 4-5lbs), but hooked me for life on the thrill of bass fishing, especially topwater.

Culprit ribbontail worms in some type of smoke shad color

Four inch purple worm Texas rig (s) and got 50 bass my first time out

Creme pre rigged worm and an old school Hula Popper. Remember buying them with my late grandfather.

about 7 years ago i got some daredevils... but when kvd came out with his line of crank baits i got a few.. and caught about 100 fish in 3 days.. was an awesome first week back !!!!

Tiny torpedo and hula popper..lost the torpedo the first time I used it to a big overhanging tree.

Do you remember the first bait you ever bought ?

Yes I do:

1 Mepps Aglia in-line spinner size 2 silver with hair

1 Mepps Aglia size 2 gold with hair

1 Rapala minnow size 7 silver black back

1 Rapala minnow size 7 gold black back

From those I´ve only lost one, the gold blade Aglia.

Arbogast hula popper.

I wish I remembered what my first bait was. I think when I got back into fishing some of the first baits I bought were senko style worms.

Rooster Tail

I wish I could remember what I did yesterday as opposed to remembering what was the first bait I purchased.

I do remember some important "first purchases" in my life but not any bait or lure.

Am I old or what?????

I'm in the same boat. I could name five or six and maybe it was one of them and maybe it wasn't. If I had to bet on it, I'd say an original #7 Rapala. Black back, silver body. I remember saving two months worth of allowance to buy it.

I do not remember the first bait I bought when I was a kid and just started fishing, but I do remember what I bought first 8-10 years ago when I got back into fishing after a long break from the late 90's till then. A pack of 4" Senko's.

Haha that was mine to though I didn't catch squat on it.