Sign in to follow this  
xxjace

Favorite Color Lipless Crankbaits For Fall?

I'm looking for some new colors of res lipless crankbaits for fall..I'm stuck on sexy shad..what are some great fall colors ? And what are your favorite fall colors

For more stained and deeper water I like a crawdad color. I also like a blue back chartreuse.

• Like 1

Rat-L-Trap 1\2 oz Toledo Gold ;)

In clear water, some kind of blue, purple, or green and chrome.  Most other times, it's whatever looks like Lucky Craft's MS Am. Shad.  I think for Spro, that's called "Old Glory."

This bait:

20100509-BaitsWalleyeSmallie-04-M.jpg

• Like 4

Cotton Cordell Super Spot in royal shad, I think that color is as close to perfect as you can get, it works in any water clarity. My other favorite is a tie depending on conditions but both are one knockers, the Rapala Clackin' Rap and the Xcalibur One Knocker, the Rapala in silver or gold in clear water and the Xcalibur in lemon lime or Tilapia for stained water. I use the Rapala in sliver for clear water with clear skies, the gold works better in clear water with overcast skies, the Xcalibur in lemon lime for heavier staned water and the Tilapia for mild stained water.

Depending on clarity...Blue/Chrome & Black/Silver

Mike

Rattle Trap in Blue & Chrome. For the past few years I have scraped the chrome from the lower half of the bait to where it's a bone color. I don't know if it really helps - it's a confidence thing for me.

Xcalibur long ear and pumpkin seed, murky I use foxy lady

Keep it simple.

brighter /darker colors for murkier water / overcast skies

flashy colors for sunny days / semi clear water

ghost / natural colors for clear water

Color isn't a very important factor im lead to believe, people swear by certain colors but its just confidence really, it has nothing to do with the fish. Fish react to movement / vibration / and feed on a various ammount of prey that are all different colors.

I throw Rattlin Raps. 

Baby Bass, Shad, Blue Shad, Red Craw, Silver, and Gold Silver.

In the fall I throw all of those except red craw.

Aruku Shad by spro in spooky shad color works for me in the fall

Chrome/blue, gold/black, red craw, ghost. Not in that order but those are my go to colors. 

In clear water it's chrome w/ blue back.  In stained water I like smokey joe.  Muddy water I like a natural craw pattern.

I'm looking for some new colors of res lipless crankbaits for fall..I'm stuck on sexy shad..what are some great fall colors ? And what are your favorite fall colors

I'm part of the "posse" that thinks that color is not a huge factor...but I'll have to admit that for fall and winter, the Red Eye Shad craw patterns do work. I think it's more of a "confidence" thing than anything else.

Seems to work...

gallery_25379_89_30235.jpg

• Like 1

Aruku shad wild shiner is #1. Gold black is a close second and magic tiger and old glory get their fair shots as well.

Cotton Cordell Super Spot in royal shad, I think that color is as close to perfect as you can get, it works in any water clarity. My other favorite is a tie depending on conditions but both are one knockers, the Rapala Clackin' Rap and the Xcalibur One Knocker, the Rapala in silver or gold in clear water and the Xcalibur in lemon lime or Tilapia for stained water. I use the Rapala in sliver for clear water with clear skies, the gold works better in clear water with overcast skies, the Xcalibur in lemon lime for heavier staned water and the Tilapia for mild stained water.

Excellent post, smalljaw. 

Great advice right there.