Sign in to follow this  
agilmorefishing

Favorite Dock Fish Or Piling Bait/technique

I would say my favorite is a wacky rigged senko. I'll throw it on a medium fast action spinning rod and skip it into the pilings and under the docks. Its just plain fun. Not the fastest way to fish so I try not to do it unless I was catching fish earlier in the day on those same docks on moving baits near the top of the water column. If the fish are near the bottom I don't waste my time.

• Like 1

X2 on the wacky senko or a shakyhead trick worm.

First time around the bridge, I like a square bill or yoyo a rattle trap

• Like 1

March thru May, and from 1' - 25' I'll take a Zoom Green Pumkin Lizzard, dip the tail, and then hang on.

• Like 2

I would say my favorite is a wacky rigged senko. I'll throw it on a medium fast action spinning rod and skip it into the pilings and under the docks. Its just plain fun. Not the fastest way to fish so I try not to do it unless I was catching fish earlier in the day on those same docks on moving baits near the top of the water column. If the fish are near the bottom I don't waste my time.

X2 on the wacky senko or a shakyhead trick worm.

First time around the bridge, I like a square bill or yoyo a rattle trap

X3

• Like 1

Super Flukes, Senkos, and Grandebass Rattlesnakes. I've also recently been experimenting with 12-inch worms, and have had some good fish take them down into the confines of the dock. Haven't gotten a hookup on them yet though. 

• Like 1

Weightless senko or weightless fluke are my best producers on docks. Occasionally I'll throw a jig but prefer to throw the weightless stuff.

• Like 1

Early morning i cast buzzbaits and spinnerbaits.Later in the morning i will use finesse worms on a shakey head.Winter time i still cast the buzzbaits and spinnerbaits but switch to a jig later.

• Like 1

Yup another vote for weightless wacky senko here as well.

• Like 1

Drop shot all the pilings, cast to the corner posts on docks if you need to fish fast, and skip a jig up under it if they aren't holding near the edges. The difference between having the drop shot land 2 feet from the post and 2 inches from the post can be shocking in terms of how many bites you will get.

• Like 1

Weightless fluke or Texas rigged zoom big critter craw in my area

• Like 1

A jig for around docks.

For something like a bridge piling I like a jigging spoon or, as much as I hate fishing them, a dropshot. 

• Like 2

Its been a couple of decades since I've been to Lake of the Ozarks  and do some serious dock fishing. I bet what i had success with then would still work today. A blue Manns Jelly worm  fished on all sides and underneath was highly effective .

• Like 3

For docks, I prefer a jig if here holding by the pilings and skipping a tube uder the dock. For bridge pilings, nothing beats banging a crank into them and their bases.

• Like 1

Without a doubt, skipping docks with swimjigs.

• Like 1

It's interesting how many people have said they fish reaction baits on bridge pilings. I always pitch a jig or T-rig right up to the concrete and let it fall vertically. Maybe I'll have to try cranks sometime

• Like 2

For pilings tube/drop shot and rattle trap.

For docks I like to stay away from the obvious senko or jig most of the time so I like crashing a big old worm (8 or 10 inch) down hard n' fast with a 1/2 to 3/4 tungsten weight on a big flippin' hook. If not a jig or senko work great!

• Like 1

Love to skip jigs or throw a square bill in the spring, up here there's so much weeds it's hard to use a crank in the summer/fall. I like the pit boss on a 1/2 oz.the jig I'll flip and skip and then swim back

• Like 1

I like skipping all sorts if baits under docks: flukes, senkos, tubes, floating worms, jigs, and even soft swimbaits