Megastink

Valuable Rare/Discontinued baits

I'm wondering what the going rate is for some rare baits I have:

-Original Rebel Deep Wee R

-Excalibur Fat free shads glow pattern

-Uncle Josh pork trailers

i have many colors of each and I'm thinking about parting with some. All new in package. What are the more valuable models/colors?

Just look at completed auctions for each bait on ebay using the advanced search.  I will say, for most of what you listed, not much.  Rebels and Fat Free Shads, like $5-8.  Less if not in original package.  Uncle Josh, $2-3.

Let us know if you come up with some old warts...then we can start talking valuable.

47 minutes ago, J Francho said:

Just look at completed auctions for each bait on ebay using the advanced search.  I will say, for most of what you listed, not much.  Rebels and Fat Free Shads, like $5-8.  Less if not in original package.  Uncle Josh, $2-3.

Let us know if you come up with some old warts...then we can start talking valuable.

I have ONE. It's an old gold chrome black back but it's missing paint in some spots. Not looking to sell that one yet. Also have a small sized Risto Rap

• Like 1

Pork is great but its like $5. jar and only getting 2$ to $3 online keep them may be worth $20 in 20 yrs

• Like 1

Yeah people tend to grossly overestimate how much "old" fishing stuff is worth...

• Like 2

If you're Into collecting for the money you better have some very rare pieces. I collect older Rebels because they have a sentimental value. I never care about worth because to me they are worth owning.

That said, go to ebay and follow closely for the next month and get an average for what your Items are selling for. It's up to you to gauge their worth but understand the true value Is what someone's willing to pay.

For valued old baits, look more for the baits made back in the early 1900's like the really old heddons, creek chubs and such. Google antique fishing lures, that should be a good "start" as Im sure there are a ton of collectors out there seeking the really old expensive lures. And some, can go for big money

I have some old lures that were my grandfathers, checked on their value 25 years ago and they were not worth much as they were out of their packages, used, and some were re-painted by one of my brothers. Maybe they are worth something now.

As for the risto raps?  I have several, never used still in box as I found them discounted many years ago for like a dollar a piece. So if they are worth anything? please let me know,.lol..ty

14 hours ago, Megastink said:

I have ONE. It's an old gold chrome black back but it's missing paint in some spots. Not looking to sell that one yet. Also have a small sized Risto Rap

Hold on to both, bro!  Great baits.

I have a few Warts that dont get much playing time . One of these days I'm going to  sell them if I can get top dollar prices . I have patience .

• Like 1

I have a couple dozen warts, a few suspending warts, 1 flat wart, and 1 wee wart. They're pretty much tournament only baits. 

I often buy old tackle at flea markets and elsewhere. Can someone post a picture or give a description of the "better" warts I should be looking for? I haven't been fishing them, and it seems I should be. Thanks

31 minutes ago, edfitzvb said:

I often buy old tackle at flea markets and elsewhere. Can someone post a picture or give a description of the "better" warts I should be looking for? I haven't been fishing them, and it seems I should be. Thanks

They say "wiggle wart" on the bottom of the bill. The newer ones say "Storm". 

DSCF0467_zps03897e59.jpg

• Like 2

Thank you. That makes it easy

Unless they are in the top 20 most valuable lures BNIB i just use them .most have sentiment al value or just unique to have.

• Like 1

Pork will be worth something once old stock is all gone.

Fishing lures generally  only maintain worth to a select few of people who had success on them in the past.  

I use a lot of old baits that work very well that a few OGs have tipped me off about.   

I would,follow the bassmaster live .. You'll see a lot of pros throwing some old baits  then saying they caught them on something there sponsored by.  These baits end up,jumping up in price temporarily on the open market. Kind of like the Lure Jensen Speed Trap at the last classic.