Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Over the years I have tried many different types of fluorocarbon lines & quite honestly wasn't really impressed with any of them.

 

I recently bought a spool of Seaguar InvizX 17# test & while I have not fished with it I'm pretty impressed!

 

Just pitching & casting in the bayou across the street it handles very well, cast smooth, & generates feel really well.

 

The real test will be in ten days flipping-n-pitching jigs in buck brush to pre-spawn/spawning bass on Toledo!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Catt said:

Seaguar InvizX 17#

9 minutes ago, Catt said:

flipping-n-pitching jigs in buck brush

... maybe should've gotten AbrazX instead?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, ResoKP said:

... maybe should've gotten AbrazX instead?

 

Nope!  

 

When I get there at daylight I will be fishing creek channel swings with scattered buck brush & standing timber but when I move shallower into the thicker brush it will be with braid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Catt said:

 

Nope!  

 

When I get there at daylight I will be fishing creek channel swings with scattered buck brush & standing timber but when I move shallower into the thicker brush it will be with braid.

lol okay, you do your thing man but if you start to break off constantly or have issues setting the hook or not getting the sensitivity you were expecting, don't blame it on fluoro... 😉

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, ResoKP said:

lol okay, you do your thing man but if you start to break off constantly or have issues setting the hook or not getting the sensitivity you were expecting, don't blame it on fluoro... 😉

 

InvizX comes highly recommended by an friend who has won 40% of every BFL tournament held on Toledo Bend. It's his opinion & that others that InvizX is only second to Tatsu.

 

But thanks for the insight, you aint the first to suggest AbrazX!

 

Edited by Catt
Operator Error
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Flurocarbon still and will probably never be my favorite line but the positives have outweighed the negatives. So until they make something better it's what I'll use for the few techniques it excels at

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I much prefer Invisx to AbrasX.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got my first spool if invisx this winter and like @Catt I have been just tried flipping and pitching it around a tad while waiting for the ponds to unfreeze. I am also extremely impressed. I have used quite a few other brands and a friend swore by this stuff and bought me some and dang it’s nice. I am so excited for the ice to go away so I can really put it to use. If anybody’s considering new flouro I would also highly recomend this stuff, at the same time though, I still have to put it to the test.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love Invizx. I use it as for leaders on my drop shot and is also my favorite jig line. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got my first spool of Invisx this year too.  12 pound test.  I am very impressed with it.  Casts well, low memory, good knots, I use it on my t-rig/jig rod.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i made the switch to InvisX last year 👍

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fluoro is for leaders in my mind. I hate it as a mainline.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have 12lb Inzivx on 4-5 rods and it’s by far my most used line. I really like it and am often surprised at how much abuse it can take.  Some of my less-used reels have had the same line on for like two seasons and As always I remember to squirt a little L&L on it the night before, it still handles great. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

InvizX is a great line but I cannot stand the stretch using it for jigs/bottom baits.

 

Personally I use FC Sniper 20# for jigs if I'm going the straight fluoro set up.

 

Else, Sufix 832 braid 30# with 15# Blue Label leader.

 

I'll happily use InvizX for finesse stuff like dropshots but for setting the hook with a jig or big single hooks... no stretch is better (for me anyways... apparently I'm alone in this? lol)

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can anyone else give an opinion on how invizx compares to sunline sniper?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A very good friend of mine & superior stick in his own right, is a Stout InvisX Deciple. 

In fact it was his performance & results with the line south of the border a couple of years ago - that had me finally make the switch.  Especially after witnessing him do this with that line - (20lb)

 

And @Catt if you like the InvisX and I'm somewhat hesitant to tell you this but - The Tatsu might be a little 'better'.

 

Have Fun

:smiley:

A-Jay

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hated flouro for years but have finally fallen in love with invisx. Going to try Tatsu.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@A-Jay Yeah I watched that video on YouTube.

 

Been following you for a while 😉

 

I had been looking at AbrazX, InvizX, & Tatsu trying to decide which one to try first. Where I live there is an Academy, Dick's, & two smaller tackle shops. So when I walked into Academy & saw InvizX on sale for $19.99 for a 200 yd spool it was an easy choice.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I tried InvisX a few years ago and used it for all techniques except 2 and liked it, until I tried Sniper and never spooled it again. 

InvisX has too much stretch for my liking and not as manageable as Sniper. 

 

Useing it for trebel hook moving baits would be ok, but for me Sniper is superior to all other flouro lines except Tatsu. 

 

 

 

 

 

Mike

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FYI InvizX is now on sale at Academy for $14.99!

 

@Mike L y'all need to quit that...I don't wanna buy more line!

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

InvisX has been a staple in my arsenal for a number of years. I'm very impressed with it. I use it for a variety of techniques.  I also use Tatsu for those techniques that require super supple line, such as finesse tactics and Senko fishing. Never had any issues since making the switch.

 

Given Seaguar invented fluorocarbon fishing line, I'd say they have the upper hand on this area.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Catt said:

FYI InvizX is now on sale at Academy for $14.99!

 

@Mike L y'all need to quit that...I don't wanna buy more line!

Sorry Pal!

InvizX is good line if you don't mind it's inordinate amount of stretch. 

If you like mono for moving treble hook baits but want the advantages of flouro, it would be your best option. 

11 minutes ago, Glenn said:

InvisX has been a staple in my arsenal for a number of years. I'm very impressed with it. I use it for a variety of techniques.  I also use Tatsu for those techniques that require super supple line, such as finesse tactics and Senko fishing. Never had any issues since making the switch.

 

Given Seaguar invented fluorocarbon fishing line, I'd say they have the upper hand on this area.  

Seaguar may have invented it but in my opinion any advantage that gave has been long surpassed by others. 

 

 

 

 

Mike

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Invisx is SUPPOSED to stretch.  If you think Sniper is that great, you probably haven't used Tatsu.  I've tried so many fluoros, and they vary widely in stretch, stiffness, and abrasion resistance.  Sniper is good, but not the end all.  Fact is, I can't settle on just one line as a general fluoro recommendation, though Invisx comes close, for the guys coming from Big Game, Yo-zuri, or some other popular line.  I'm not surprised @Catt likes it in 17 lb. size.  I'm working through a 15 lb. 1000 yd. spool since last year.  It's been my go to for general purpose, "I don't know what I'm going to use this rig for" setups.  It's funny, the longer I fish, the less specialized my gear has become.  But that's a whole 'nother topic...

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, J Francho said:

Invisx is SUPPOSED to stretch.  If you think Sniper is that great, you probably haven't used Tatsu.  I've tried so many fluoros, and they vary widely in stretch, stiffness, and abrasion resistance.  Sniper is good, but not the end all.  Fact is, I can't settle on just one line as a general fluoro recommendation, though Invisx comes close, for the guys coming from Big Game, Yo-zuri, or some other popular line.  I'm not surprised @Catt likes it in 17 lb. size.  I'm working through a 15 lb. 1000 yd. spool since last year.  It's been my go to for general purpose, "I don't know what I'm going to use this rig for" setups.  It's funny, the longer I fish, the less specialized my gear has become.  But that's a whole 'nother topic...

Well then there you go. 

If you want a stretchy flouro InvisX is for you. 

And Yes, as a quality fluorocarbon line that has all the attributes I want/need it Sniper is that "great" for me. 

 

Also, as I said before Tatsu is the gold standard especially for lighter finesse presentations, which as I've also said before I do not do. 

 

In my opinion Sniper and for different requirements Shooter, has an overall advantage. 

 

But as you put it..the end all?

Until something else better than Sniper/Shooter for larger diameter lines and Tatsu for smaller lines comes along, yes I guess for me it is. 

 

 

 

Mike

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • fishing forum

    fishing

    fishing forum

    fishing rods

    fishing poles

    fishing

    fishing reels

    fishing poles

    fishing

    fishing

    bass fish

    fish for bass
    fish

×
×
  • Create New...