Jump to content

Eastern PA Fishing Reports


Recommended Posts

I have wanted to create a thread solely for anglers in Eastern PA, with the intention of emulating the Eastern MA thread.

 

Guidelines

  • You can input as much or as little as you'd like
  • to be added in the future...

 

Hope you find some beneficial information on here!

 

Tight Lines,

Quarry Man

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Got out on my lake in the poconos for opening day. Caught 16 trout between the two of us, biggest went 3-12, mostly rainbows, a few brookies and 1 brown. 

 

Caught three trout today all raibows. Biggest was 2.5ish.

also caught an 18” pickerel shallow and a bass in 8’ that was 2+ lbs

Water temps are pubs 53*, shallow and weedy lake

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Super User

Susquehanna river is just starting to get good. The big females are starting to feed up for the spawn. Caught the first one of the day no more than 3 feet from shore in a slack water area. Estimated weight was about 3 1/2 pounds.

 

The total for the day was 7 bass. 2 weighted about 1 1/2 pounds, 4 were in the 2 pound range and the big momma above. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

April 15 Marsh creek reservoir. Windier than I expected. Having pedals made it barely manageable to get into position. Sun popped out for a few hours and I was targeting stumps and brush with a white chatter bait. Saw one juicy stump and I told my friend before the cast they gotta be holding close to cover. Tossed it right to it and the next second this 3 lbs 15 Oz  beauty hammered it.

57045364-331255000916302-511785223929305

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, YoTone said:

April 15 Marsh creek reservoir. Windier than I expected. Having pedals made it barely manageable to get into position. Sun popped out for a few hours and I was targeting stumps and brush with a white chatter bait. Saw one juicy stump and I told my friend before the cast they gotta be holding close to cover. Tossed it right to it and the next second this 3 lbs 15 Oz  beauty hammered it.

 

Started fishing marsh creek all the time last summer. Only made one trip so far and it was a disaster! Tm broke, fishfinder wasn’t working, my auto off deployed, so I had to wear it like that, and my battery doed! No fish on top of that!!!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/15/2019 at 12:06 PM, Quarry Man said:

Started fishing marsh creek all the time last summer. Only made one trip so far and it was a disaster! Tm broke, fishfinder wasn’t working, my auto off deployed, so I had to wear it like that, and my battery doed! No fish on top of that!!!

i rarely fish it. its a real pain of a 1 hour drive for me to get there. but......... cant complain about it that much when you can catch these in it once in a while. 

794-CD28-F-454-B-4427-968-F-6-AA6385804-

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

Looking to fish Nockamixon throughout the summer on a regular basis. Camper is right near there, and will be fishing often. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/3/2019 at 9:47 PM, NockermixonNewb said:

Looking to fish Nockamixon throughout the summer on a regular basis. Camper is right near there, and will be fishing often. 

Sweet man! look forward to seeing how you do!

 

Haven't been fishing as much as I'd like to, It's my final semester as a high school student and I'm really trying to end the year with a good report card. I did get out a couple days ago and it appears that bass are moving onto beds in SEPA, although this was in some ponds, haven't been to any lakes yet.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

fish just over the border in NJ, fishing has been good. Some lakes are 65* and the bite has slowed and bass are sitting on beds. Others are mostly cruising. Hate this time of the year, not a big bed fish guy and it's slow picking with hard baits, my preferred style.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just fished the susky river this passed week. River was on fire . Biggest fish 19 inches and got about 80 fish between me and my partner . Went out with a guide on a jet boat. Awesome day. Most fish were caught on a 1.5 inch crank . Some on a trd bait like a ned rig and some on a keitech swim bait. Really a great trip!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Pulled this big girl out of Beltzville this weekend.  Had about 9-10 others as well before my brother and I wrapped it up around noon.  Many other bites too, it was an active morning!

0219AFE3-0FE7-4196-8895-84BB193120DC.jpeg

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Allentown area here. Just started to get out on the Lehigh for some trout action. Yesterday was a mixed bag to include a large turtle. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

have been golfing instead of fishing lately. did get out over Memorial Day weekend n the Poconos. few decent fish and a bunch of smaller males. Seems like a post spawn funk. water temps were pretty high around 64*ish.

On 5/13/2019 at 5:48 PM, PAbasser927 said:

Pulled this big girl out of Beltzville this weekend.  Had about 9-10 others as well before my brother and I wrapped it up around noon.  Many other bites too, it was an active morning!

0219AFE3-0FE7-4196-8895-84BB193120DC.jpeg

thats a nice fish. Ive heard that big ones are in there, but they are hard to come by.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/13/2019 at 5:48 PM, PAbasser927 said:

Pulled this big girl out of Beltzville this weekend.  Had about 9-10 others as well before my brother and I wrapped it up around noon.  Many other bites too, it was an active morning!

0219AFE3-0FE7-4196-8895-84BB193120DC.jpeg

Nice one! I'm about 20min from Beltzville and rarely fish it anymore.....such a hard lake to fish! Or i'm just not doing something right! ha

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Landis Carrier said:

Nice one! I'm about 20min from Beltzville and rarely fish it anymore.....such a hard lake to fish! Or i'm just not doing something right! ha

Thanks!  Yeah you never know when that lake is going to shut off.  That one pictured is 5lb 4oz.  A week later I caught a 6lb 6oz.  Those are the two biggest I have pulled from that lake.  Since then it has been 2 lbers, and in the last week or two the bite has slowed down considerably.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

went to Marsh Creek yesterday. water temps at 73*+ with 2'-3' visibility. no fish on beds that I could see. fish were in the shaded areas. all smaller sized bass, biggest was around 2 lbs.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Tried Beltzville last night. Put in at Preachers Point, fished from 5pm till dark. Caught 1 smallie. Was marking bass all over. Most were in the 15-8 ft range or on the bottom. I am just not good at catching bass in the mid range. Tough lake! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

fished Marsh Creek Lake a couple times, water is muddy and about 1' higher than normal, temps at 73* caught like 15 bass on a black and blue jackhammer. Also fished a few small lakes in the Poconos, water was like 63*, normal pool, normal clarity. Caught a bunch on a bhite delight chatterbait.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hit Marsh early  yesterday with slick conditions to start. made my way north with only a dink on a swim jig skipped under some brush. decided to scrap my plans half way through and reversed my direction and fished all the way on the southern end. the wind picked up big time after an hour but  i managed to catch this tossing a frog at the end of some reeds. btw its an absolute madhouse there. by 6 am there i already counted over 20 boats/kayaks. by the time i finished around lunch time it was full blown madness.

 

CAD43449-5447-44-A8-B5-DF-07131852-D58-D

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, YoTone said:

Hit Marsh early  yesterday with slick conditions to start. made my way north with only a dink on a swim jig skipped under some brush. decided to scrap my plans half way through and reversed my direction and fished all the way on the southern end. the wind picked up big time after an hour but  i managed to catch this tossing a frog at the end of some reeds. btw its an absolute madhouse there. by 6 am there i already counted over 20 boats/kayaks. by the time i finished around lunch time it was full blown madness.

 

CAD43449-5447-44-A8-B5-DF-07131852-D58-D

 

 

 

nice fish, is that marsh as in marsh creek?

been fishing the last two days for 2ish hours at night. my home pond, nothing huge, a few decent bass around 3 lbs and a few big pickerel around 2.5ishlbs all on bhite delight jackhammer

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, YoTone said:

yep marsh creek reservoir 

Sweet, I fish there all the time, might even do the Tuesday Nighter today. Let me know next time you go, maybe we can cross paths and work together!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, YoTone said:

yeah sounds great and if you need someone to jump on your boat for a tournament or what ever im down!

sounds good, I will PM you now

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.