Eastern PA Fishing Reports

i see you guys all fish marsh creek a lot. im thinking about driving down there to fish off the shore today or tomorrow. is it even worth my time without a kayak? i forget how much good shore access there is. and im definitely down for a meet up after this all blows over, ill have my boat up at green lane res

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Adam Markley said:

i see you guys all fish marsh creek a lot. im thinking about driving down there to fish off the shore today or tomorrow. is it even worth my time without a kayak? i forget how much good shore access there is. and im definitely down for a meet up after this all blows over, ill have my boat up at green lane res

I don't know if boat registration ends today or tomorrow. Might also go depending on the weather. It can get pretty choppy for a small lake if there's any wind.  Granted you can paddle into the coves.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Quarry Man said:

I don't know if boat registration ends today or tomorrow. Might also go depending on the weather. It can get pretty choppy for a small lake if there's any wind.  Granted you can paddle into the coves.

How about just fishing from the bank? I don’t have a kayak(yet) once this stimulus check comes that could change ?

1 minute ago, Adam Markley said:

How about just fishing from the bank? I don’t have a kayak(yet) once this stimulus check comes that could change ?

there's a few spot, I have never tried it. It would be a lot of walking, and minimal access. I 100% recommend a boat. I would have no problem letting you tag along, but that would violate social distancing unfortunately. For sure once it all ends.

14 minutes ago, Quarry Man said:

haven't fished there

There’s two lakes within the park. I’ve only fished either a handful of

times, but pulled out some decent fish each time.

• Like 1

apparently my lake is closed, tried to take the kayak out got kicked immediately. our website say nothing about lake being closed, only the amenities like the beach and playgrounds

Was just about to say @Bruce424 thinking of heading to Blue Marsh, I'd love to get on a smallmouth bite. Not to busy there, is it? I'd like to keep some distance between me and other fishermen ?

got out on a few local bodies of water from shore, caught five fish bass no size. All on ned rig. Buddy caught a few on a Finesse spinnerbait of all things

8 hours ago, oysterk said:

Was just about to say @Bruce424 thinking of heading to Blue Marsh, I'd love to get on a smallmouth bite. Not to busy there, is it? I'd like to keep some distance between me and other fishermen ?

on a nice day... yea it is boaters galore, casting at your feet?. i go on gloomy days usually...thats the norm for me anyway. but then you just have to deal with bucket fishermen. nows the time for smallies.

Screenshot_20200401-084753_Gallery.jpg

• Thanks 1

hit a local body with my dad. Caught 15 or so combined in two hours. Biggest was like 2lbs. mediocre day.

6 hours ago, YoTone said:

Fished the main lake and got her rolling a spinnerbait over timber

76B9DB8C-BB83-4DB6-B12A-D1A300CA4C40.jpeg

was this at marsh?

12 hours ago, Quarry Man said:

hit a local body with my dad. Caught 15 or so combined in two hours. Biggest was like 2lbs. mediocre day.

was this at marsh?

There's never been a day where I've caught 15 fish and thought "mediocre day" haha. Even if it's a total dinkfest!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, oysterk said:

There's never been a day where I've caught 15 fish and thought "mediocre day" haha. Even if it's a total dinkfest!

I have had 25 fish days that were mediocre. Fun, but mediocre.  And if you think I am kidding, go fish the Delaware river.  You will catch lots of fish...2 pounders are hard to come by a lot of days.

@Quarry Man. I caught this just through the woods from you.  

20200401_150406_compress69.jpg

• Like 2

I was fishing a private pond of a family friend. I meant mediocre as they were all small fish, used to catching a lot more numbers there. Doesn't help water is 2' higher than last year, not sure why.

1 hour ago, JediAmoeba said:

I have had 25 fish days that were mediocre. Fun, but mediocre.  And if you think I am kidding, go fish the Delaware river.  You will catch lots of fish...2 pounders are hard to come by a lot of days.

@Quarry Man. I caught this just through the woods from you.  

20200401_150406_compress69.jpg

in the Poconos?

1 minute ago, Quarry Man said:

I was fishing a private pond of a family friend. I meant mediocre as they were all small fish, used to catching a lot more numbers there. Doesn't help water is 2' higher than last year, not sure why.

in the Poconos?

Albrightsville

• Like 1

Just now, JediAmoeba said:

Albrightsville

Awesome. I was up there a few days ago, I left because apparently my lake is closed. Not sure on the legality of that one.

Had an hour and a half at the Marsh today, threw a Ned rig around, missed three bites and hooked into a perch ?

I'll try again soon for sure!

• Like 1