Jump to content
Derek1

Do you guys glue your kietecs to the ball head.

Recommended Posts

It’s pretty annoying that after only a few casts/fish they won’t stay up anymore. What do you guys do. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Buy the Matt Allen dirty jigs swimbait heads with the keepers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes I do. And then when they get wore out I take em home glue them back together and use them again. They're generally shot after that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I pour jigheads for them with wire keepers. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Bluebasser86 said:

I pour jigheads for them with wire keepers. 

Ditto.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/22/2019 at 11:55 PM, Bluebasser86 said:

I pour jigheads for them with wire keepers. 

I don't pour but I definitely prefer jogheads with wire keepers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/22/2019 at 3:54 PM, ohboyitsrobby said:

And then when they get wore out I take em home glue them back together and use them again.

I saw the Tacticalbassin video on using Keitechs with underpins. They stressed that the bait had to be rigged correctly the first time if you didn't want to ruin the bait. I assume this holds true for other heads as well. Since I can be rigging challenged at times the glue thing seems to be an answer to my mistakes.

What glue can you use, Super Glue?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, 5/0 said:

I saw the Tacticalbassin video on using Keitechs with underpins. They stressed that the bait had to be rigged correctly the first time if you didn't want to ruin the bait. I assume this holds true for other heads as well. Since I can be rigging challenged at times the glue thing seems to be an answer to my mistakes.

What glue can you use, Super Glue?

I use gorilla glue. Because that's what I have handy. Usually they tear down the back where the hook comes out and the nose. I just glue the tear shut. Then glue it back on the head I'm using. Does it lose a little action and feel not quite as soft? Yeah. Is it enough to cost me fish and make it not worth it? No. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/24/2019 at 11:19 AM, MassYak85 said:

I don't pour but I definitely prefer jogheads with wire keepers. 

I've had the opposite experience.  My VMC jigs with single wire keeper destroy the heads of the baits.  I like the strike king squadron jigs the best.  Haven't tried gluing yet but I will

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Allen Der said:

I've had the opposite experience.  My VMC jigs with single wire keeper destroy the heads of the baits.  I like the strike king squadron jigs the best.  Haven't tried gluing yet but I will

They do destroy them more than the other types but I've found the others will just slide off without glue. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's the fix for that:

jWill2.jpg

 

jWill1.jpg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, J Francho said:

Here's the fix for that:

jWill2.jpg

 

jWill1.jpg

That’s so simple I would have never thought of it. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes....super glue works great.

 

if you want to rely on a baitkeeper from a jig head,  then take the skirt off a swim jig and use the skirt cone as a bait keeper.  Then use super glue on that also.

 

but super glue works better than any baitkeeper or bait keeping trick there is.  Super glue protects the bait best

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I fish mine on an EWG, point "texposed" and a slip sinker.  Too much grass for an exposed hook.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • fishing

    fishing forum

    fishing rods

    fishing poles

    fishing reels

    fishing reels

    fishing reels

    fishing

    fishing

    bass fish

    fish for bass
    fish

×
×
  • Create New...