A-Jay

Supreme Ultimate Bunk Boards

Came back to my truck & trailer in an empty parking lot and one of my ShoreLand'r trailer bunk boards was snapped & sagging.

I can only guess what happened, but I don't really know.

Either way, I prefer to only deal with this 'replacement' process once.

After some research, I'm about to pull the trigger on a complete set of Supreme Ultimate Bunk Boards.

This product is made from High-Density Polyethylene with an added UV stabilizer to resist fading.

No more rotting carpet or wooden boards to replace every few years.

The price point on these makes this like an investment.

I'd appreciate any & all input from experienced users of this product

So what's the Good & the Bad ?

Thank you very much in advance.

:smiley:

A-Jay

43 minutes ago, Big Rick said:

can you post a link?

Nevermind, I found it. Looking to upgrade myself. 

https://www.ultimatebunkboards.com/

I am going with these - 2 x 6 black

https://www.ultimatebunkboards.com/store/supreme-bunk-boards/2x6-supreme-black-detail

A-Jay

• Like 1

I bought some years ago when they were not reinforced with al. strip. I eventually had to take them off. I had the 8 ft. ones and there were not enough support. I only had 2 points to attach them. Maybe if I had a third support they would have worked. Also, don't take the winch off until you are backed up into the water these thing are super slick. Being slick also makes it hard to power load. You have to keep you motor running and in gear in order to hook up the winch. If you don't. it will start to slide back into the water. They really didn't work for me. I have read where a lot of people really liked them. I was just not really happy with them.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, tander said:

I bought some years ago when they were not reinforced with al. strip. I eventually had to take them off. I had the 8 ft. ones and there were not enough support. I only had 2 points to attach them. Maybe if I had a third support they would have worked. Also, don't take the winch off until you are backed up into the water these thing are super slick. Being slick also makes it hard to power load. You have to keep you motor running and in gear in order to hook up the winch. If you don't. it will start to slide back into the water. They really didn't work for me. I have read where a lot of people really liked them. I was just not really happy with them.

Thank you for your feedback.

This newest version is reinforced with aluminum.  

A-Jay

I would NOT want anything super slick.  I had some kind of plastic bunk covers for my Xpress, and replaced them with carpet. 

• Thanks 1

I had to look these up after @A-Jay posted about them. I was interested in replacing mine with better bunks. I have built my own twice in 19 years of owning this boat and trailer. If they are as slick as @tander posted that would create some dangerous situations for me or anyone fishing alone.

I got some several years ago and for sure, the first year or so they are pretty slick and you need to pay attention.  Now, years down the road they aren't and the slickness issue isn't one.

• Thanks 1

I wonder if these are slicker with fiberglass boats or aluminum or would it make any difference?

A fellow in the bass fishing community on the Potomac here runs the Potomac with a 21ft Ranger Intercoastal with a new Merc V8 and has his trailer fitted  with a product called Gatorbak (http://gatorbak.com/) on his bunks and has had them on for three years now.  The first thing he did was conduct a "hull slide" test with no bow strap and it does not move on the trailer while launching.  No hull blisters for you glass boat owners.  He really has a sexy deal now since he ran LED lights down the groves on each bunk board for night loading.    

• Thanks 1

Thanks to all for the in put & feed back - I really do appreciate it. 

Clearly there's a Launching & Loading Learning curve with these bunks.

I plan on doing an install video & perhaps a video review later on.

My trailer as four bunks (two lower & 2 higher) - I need to replace one upper.

I am considering replacing the two upper bunks only and leaving the two lower stock carpeted bunks on (which are perfectly fine) for now.  Just to see how it goes.

I plan on dropping the Lund in the drink at local lake Menderchuck and completing the bunk replacement work in the parking lot.  The removal & install seems pretty straight forward and requires only a couple of hand tools to safely complete.  As for all the 'warnings' regarding not dropping one's rig on the ramp, I get it.

Launching & recovering solo is not an evolution I rush through.

Guess we'll see how it goes.

More to follow once they arrive.

:smiley:

A-Jay

• Like 3

If they turned out to be too slick,  I guess you could always put carpet over them.

3 hours ago, Tennessee Boy said:

If they turned out to be too slick,  I guess you could always put carpet over them.

58716779cb83f_slonetweek.jpg.66f6ca1445601f3899feef46555da4b3.jpg

A-Jay 

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, J Francho said:

I would NOT want anything super slick.  I had some kind of plastic bunk covers for my Xpress, and replaced them with carpet. 

Agree. I'd opt for carpet, but what the hell do I know.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1