Sign in to follow this  
snapper G

What's your favorite braid?

I have always used power pro. But new spider wire has a lot of new braided line out (ex. Stealth Camo Braid, EZ Braid). Watch an icast video on tackle warehouse, with some guy talking about the new braided lines, he said that the spider wire has a "color lock" tec, is that all that important. The new stern "sonic braid" has a smooth coating, important?

I go with what works, and Power Pro works.  There are some high end 8-strand braids that a few of my friends have been using and love, but the price is prohibitive.

i use sufix.  i think it is 6 strand.

I thought both Suffix and Power Pro were 4-strand.  Suffix is pretty good stuff as well.  I used to use, but I like Power Pro better.  The eight strand is Daiwa Samurai Braid which is around $50 for a 300 yd. spool.  Ouch!

i used to use all spiderwire for the price but i recently was at a tackleshop and all they had was suffix. I got and love it. Its my favorite as of now

I have only used Stren extensively and I like it pretty well.  I want to try Power Pro and/or Suffix but I haven't made that order yet.

Hidden

power pro, then BPS...

Bad experiences with fireline, spiderwire, and suffix... junk  :-/

I tried Spiderwire last year, and wasn't pleased. This year I got some Stren Super Braid, and I'm very happy with it.

Falcon

Sufix, Samurai, and Toray braid.  I also just had a Zillion spooled with the new Spiderwire camo.  Good looking line, let's see how it holds up.  

Sufix, Samurai, and Toray braid. I also just had a Zillion spooled with the new Spiderwire camo. Good looking line, let's see how it holds up.

How's the Toray braid? Can't find much in a Google search, about how much for a 300 yard spool?

of corse they see it.and they see your hook and the big ugly weedguard on a jig.does it matter?