Sign in to follow this  
mozy

Are aesthetics important to you?

Just out of curiousity? Do you need your rod/reel to match? Maybe not to a T, but at least somewhat. Some combos would just look too ugly for me to use...something like a Carrot Stix and a Curado E.

I, for one, prefer that my combos look good together. Not really sure why because when it comes to gear all that matters is functionality.

i kinda know what your saying... i also like my rods to match somewhat... like my quantum energys looks pretty good on my  carrott siks.. its nice to look at all day long lol.. but thats a good and a bad thing because you spend more time looking at the setup then at the line haha  ;D

Its helping me decide which reel to buy for a carrot stick

looks may influence me a little, but not enough for me to sacrifice the performance of the intended setup......and in regard to the carrot stix / curado E combo you mentioned.......I think it might not look too bad.  green and orange aren't bad together, and with the metallic flake in the curado, it can look a little gold-ish in the sunlight.

It doesn't matter that much to me.  That being said my Core and Carrot Stix is awesome looking.  I would have to agree that the curado E and carrot stix wouldn't look as good together.

matters not. how the rod/reel feels is what im looking for.

Man am i glad someone brought this up! I will not even consider a rod/reel set-up if it doesn't look pretty together! I always make sure mine are well matched up for both looks and performance.

To me they are somewhat important....If I have a rod and am purchasing a reel for it, then appearance does have an effect.  I basically bought a Big Show flipping stick for my Curado e7...Patriarchs look better on my Carrot Stix Gold ans my Kistler Magnesium.  

They aren't a major factor in picking gear but when competing products are evenly matched in all other characteristics, looks can be the deciding factor.

Haha, I should have known somebody would have that combo! To me it looks like a combo meant for midgets from the chocolate factory, if you know what I mean. Although I will say it's not as bad as I thought it would be.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who looks are important to. I have a 6'8" MXF Legend tournament spinning, and I have  a Pflueger Supreme XT coming for it. The subtle yellow accents on the rod really go well with the reel. I think I've spent a good hour of my life drooling over the combo in different stores.

Yelp pretty puts more fish in the boat; make sure to wear pretty shirts matched with pretty pains :)

Some of us think aesthetics is as important as functionality.

My preference is the "Dark Vader" look, others like bling-bling.

I care about the color of my line, I want it to match the rest of

my rig.!

8-)

I want a balanced combo. Nothing to do with the weight of the tip; but, the rod, reel, line and application that just works when all put together.

Ergonomics are important too.

But color schemes? What, do I look like a fashion designer? Couldn't care less.

What, do I look like a fashion designer?

That is a pretty snappy shirt you're wearing Mr Hilfiger.   ;D

What, do I look like a fashion designer?

That is a pretty snappy shirt you're wearing Mr Hilfiger. ;D

What can I say? Sometimes I have to allow the wife to dress me.

No, The fish can't see if I am fishing a chartreuse reel on a blue rod.

Kelley

Sadly i do care about how my gear looks. I don't think it is the most important part of my decision to buy something. However at the same time I think my zillion looks sexy

kinda sorta...it seems these carrot stix got everyone turned into fashionistas.haha. i too am guilty to an extent. i am just lucky my energy, tour, and the new(orange)catalyst all look dead sexy on the stix. i never paid any attention to matching or appearance until the stix! ce la vie...

Yeah, I just can't seem to bring myself to use a ugly colored reel or rod.  No matter how good they are suppose to be.

Unfortunately I do like things to match as well.  Can't help it.

Later, :)