Sign in to follow this  
bigtimfish

One click away BPS extreme

Well I'm one mouse click from buying my first BPS reel. I am getting the extreme with the flippin switch. I just had to hear it. AM I MAKING A MISTAKE BY BUYING THIS REEL? It's only $80 but still that's a lot of lures and plastics i could buy. YES or NO :-?

Get it. You won't be disappointed. Good reels for the money, actually I think they're top of the line in that price bracket.....$75-$80.

Not to be a stick in the mud but I'd get this if I were buying a reel today:

****SHIMANO CITICA (heart breaker) 6:3:1 200E, Just bought her but I need the dough will include spare pins, oil, and paper work (sorry I tossed the box) $95 TYD. ***

in the flea market.  For a difference of only $15 (and that's only if your price included shipping)

Not to be a stick in the mud but I'd get this if I were buying a reel today:
****SHIMANO CITICA (heart breaker) 6:3:1 200E, Just bought her but I need the dough will include spare pins, oil, and paper work (sorry I tossed the box) $95 TYD. ***

in the flea market. For a difference of only $15 (and that's only if your price included shipping)

It would be nice and I appreciate it but I am just not a shimano guy,also I need to order some shad raps and more 12" sqirmin super worms from BPS.

AM I MAKING A MISTAKE BY BUYING THIS REEL?

Yes, but it's no big deal.

Next year you can throw the BPS reel away

and buy a Shimano Citica or save a little more

money and pick up a Curado.

:;)

AM I MAKING A MISTAKE BY BUYING THIS REEL?

Yes, but it's no big deal.

Next year you can throw the BPS reel away

and buy a Shimano Citica or save a little more

money and pick up a Curado.

:;)

Defenitely not making a mistake. I have around 6 BPS Extreme Reels, actually that is almost the reel I fish and I have never had a problem with any of them. I have had one for 5+ years and it performs like new.

You're making a mistake if you're paying list price for the reel.  The Extremes are on sale way too many times throughout the year.  I would never buy any BPS rod or reel at their suggested list price wait for the sales or buy used on ebay.  

You're making a mistake if you're paying list price for the reel. The Extremes are on sale way too many times throughout the year. I would never buy any BPS rod or reel at their suggested list price wait for the sales or buy used on ebay.

Agreed. I've heard good things about the Extremes and I'd say at their sale price they are a good value, but at $80 you have a a few options that would offer better performance, durability, and fishing pleasure for only a little more money.

You're making a mistake if you're paying list price for the reel. The Extremes are on sale way too many times throughout the year. I would never buy any BPS rod or reel at their suggested list price wait for the sales or buy used on ebay.

Agreed. I've heard good things about the Extremes and I'd say at their sale price they are a good value, but at $80 you have a a few options that would offer better performance, durability, and fishing pleasure for only a little more money.

What else is good at $80 and let me just say I do not trust EBAY or anything else like it.

What else is good at $80 and let me just say I do not trust EBAY or anything else like it.

BPS Pro Qualifier has been getting good reviews, lots of people like the Daiwa Tierra, and the Citica E is a great reel. All of those reels are only $20-$30 more.

The extremes are ok, I had a couple and replaced both with Pro qualifiers, the Rick Clunn is nice as well. Neither are as good as my Curado E! My next reel will be another curado e!

Revo S or Citica.

Bought a Revo for $71 shipped on ebay. I know you don't like ebay, but a trusted seller and paypal give you a lot of confidence.

Rick Clunn is an amazing reel for the price. Fished one for 4 years then upgraded to the Johnny Morris Signature Series.

My Rick Clunn has never skipped a beat bro.

BPS is selling its last year's Extreme at only $39.77. They are as good. You can buy TWO with $80.

Here is another vote for the exceler.  They are excellent reels for the price and the aluminum frame might last for more than one season if you dont abuse it.

BPS is selling its last year's Extreme at only $39.77. They are as good. You can buy TWO with $80.

There ya go.

1/2 the price of suggested list.