Sign in to follow this  
Micro

Super light weight Patriarch on its way

pflueger has always been serious.can't wait to see this reel!!!

You're right.  But it seems they have the big dogs in their sites.  

The Patriach must be quite a reel.  I notice on TT that most people who had both preferred the Patriarch to the Curado E.  And that's saying something coming from a Shimano worship site.

You're right. But it seems they have the big dogs in their sites.

The Patriach must be quite a reel. I notice on TT that most people who had both preferred the Patriarch to the Curado E. And that's saying something coming from a Shimano worship site.

Shimano worship site?  Interesting observation... It seems to me that there are as many guys who are hardcore Daiwa as Shimano there.  Some of us just like a great reel regardless of who makes it ;)  Good luck to the Patriarch dethroning either of the big guys anytime soon... sub 7oz. or not I don't think it will happen...

I can't get too excited until they make a LH retrieve model.   ;)

You're right. But it seems they have the big dogs in their sites.

The Patriach must be quite a reel. I notice on TT that most people who had both preferred the Patriarch to the Curado E. And that's saying something coming from a Shimano worship site.

Shimano worship site? Interesting observation... It seems to me that there are as many guys who are hardcore Daiwa as Shimano there. Some of us just like a great reel regardless of who makes it ;) Good luck to the Patriarch dethroning either of the big guys anytime soon... sub 7oz. or not I don't think it will happen...

Shimano worship site?  http://www.bassresource.com/fishing-forum/Templates/Forum/default/grin.gif

Yep, serious about making a lightweight turd.

This may be interesting, I really like the Patriarchs and would like to see what they can do.  Kinda got a funny feeling that that weight will produce a price tag close to the Steez, let's hope not.

This may be interesting, I really like the Patriarchs and would like to see what they can do. Kinda got a funny feeling that that weight will produce a price tag close to the Steez, let's hope not.

why? There are other reels that are 6.8oz or less that aren't as expensive as the Steez

This may be interesting, I really like the Patriarchs and would like to see what they can do. Kinda got a funny feeling that that weight will produce a price tag close to the Steez, let's hope not.

why? There are other reels that are 6.8oz or less that aren't as expensive as the Steez

Maybe the steez was a bad comparison... lets just say I don't expect this on to be $200...could be wrong

They could shave the weight into the mid 7's by merely getting rid of the old pflueger style handle and star drag mech and putting on a Revo mainshaft, star drag and STX handle.

I hope they don't opt to get chintzy like Shimano and go graphite sideplates.  That's a gutter no reel manufacturer needs to fall into.     ;)

I imagine it's going to be similar to the Revo Premier.

They could shave the weight into the mid 7's by merely getting rid of the old pflueger style handle and star drag mech and putting on a Revo mainshaft, star drag and STX handle.

I hope they don't opt to get chintzy like Shimano and go graphite sideplates. That's a gutter no reel manufacturer needs to fall into. ;)

then it would be a garcia with better brakes.

I hope they don't opt to get chintzy like Shimano and go graphite sideplates. That's a gutter no reel manufacturer needs to fall into. ;)

Yeah, that's about likely.  Shimanos wear Revo pajamas and fall asleep to Revo night-lites

Yeah, that's about likely. Shimanos wear Revo pajamas and fall asleep to Revo night-lites

Yeah, that's about likely. Shimanos wear Revo pajamas and fall asleep to Revo night-lites

Even though I am a Pflueger fan, ABU did start the trend in current day Low Profle reels with the Revo line, now everyone else, including the Holy Grail SheManos jumped on the bandwagon after they were so sucessful

You guys are funny. What the brand loyal, debate teams are missing is that with every GOOD new reel that hits the market, your brand of choice has to do something to catch, surpass or compete with it. In the long run, it's a win-win for us, the consumers.

So I hope the new Patriarch is a big hit... even though I seriously doubt I'll buy one.

I am sitting pat with my Trions,however ABU did shake things up a bit when they went to their Revos