Sign in to follow this  
muskiebassfisher

Braid-to-Fluoro

X 3  6 twists on the braid, 8 twists on the fluro..never had a knot fail.

uni-to-uni knot is the only knot i use for joining two lines :)

I picked up assorted spools of Yozuri hybrid this off season to use on the front end as a leader for braid. I have been using a uni to uni knot connection for this for years. I had tried the Alberto's Knot against the uni but the uni knot always won. But I have a feeling the inferior florocarbon line I was using then was more the cause than the knot.

Today, I had my own version of Knot Wars - uni against the Alberto's Knot

The Alberto's Knot won hands down - the uni to uni knot broke EVERY TIME ! I was shocked. I've been a big fan of the uni and now I'll never tie another. So I've got about a month before the season starts to become proficient at the Alberto's Knot to where I can tie it in my sleep.

:)

A-Jay

I've been using the Double Uni for backing and leaders, but A-Jay's test makes me want to try the Alberto. I don't like the size of the Double Uni, but it is easy to tie.

This is a really good site for learning little tasks and tricks.

http://www.5min.com/Video/How-to-Tie-a-Double-Uni-Knot-64271747

I've been using the Double Uni for backing and leaders, but A-Jay's test makes me want to try the Alberto. I don't like the size of the Double Uni, but it is easy to tie.

This is a really good site for learning little tasks and tricks.

http://www.5min.com/Video/How-to-Tie-a-Double-Uni-Knot-64271747

Test it for yourself ~ it's important to have confidence in your gear.  The Alberto is no more difficult to tie than a double uni, just different - might even be easier.

:)

A-Jay

Modified nail knot for me.

The Alberto is a beautiful - and functional - thing. I always used the double-uni until last summer when my nephew showed me the Alberto.

It is extremely neat and tidy, which really comes in handy fishing the flats where I almost always use a leader. And I would put it up against the double-uni strength wise any day.

Finally! An easy knot to tie that will hold up.

I just gave this a test with some 50# Sufix braid and 15# 100% Trilene I had sitting around. The first one I tied slipped, but its because I messed it up. The second try, hard as a rock. The flouro line itself broke every time, nowhere near the knot. Same two lines produced a bad knot 6 times is a row when I was tying the double Uni.

I'll definitely be using this knot from now on.

I would like to know How you guys are tying your uni to uni knots. IMHO if they are tied properly, they won't slip or break under normal use.

I would hesitate to label any knot as best, but we all have our favorites.

I've been using the uni-to uni connection since the 1960s (fresh & saltwater) and I'm a satisfied customer.

If a uni-knot slips, you can bet-the-ranch it's due to operator failure, and not due to knot-failure.

Not surprisingly, the uni-to-uni connection is the favorite of many pro anglers.

Roger

Albright knot