Sign in to follow this  
Bassn Blvd

My Snook !

103_2375.jpg

The date on the camera phone wasn't  set but not a bad way to start the Snook season.

Nice Fish Bassn Blvd. Makes me want to move to Florida even more. We do not have Snook here in Southeastern NC, we do get some Tarpon during the extreme heat of the summer, plus it is freezing cold here.right now It seems like the wind has been blowing and rainy forever. I can't wait for spring to arrive.

Big T

Excellent!

LBH,  it came off a bridge.  I use #30 ande mono and #60 flourocarbon leader with a 5/0 live bait hook.  I use a bridge gaff to get it up.  It's a weighted snag hook tied to a long rope. You can hook the fish in the lip and pull her up.

Nice snook you got there. Definately looks to be 40"+ ~20lb or so.  I have been fishing my local canals with live bait and have been catching alot of snook.  Two days before the season opened I caught a 28" common snook and had to throw him back. :(  No worries though I have a great spot for some fat snook.  I'm just hoping for some slot snook to come through my canals straight from the intercoastal that are still nice and silver not dark like they have been iin the canal for a while.  Heres a pic of two dinky fat snook my buddy and me caught the other day. dinkyfatsnook.jpg