Sign in to follow this  
KU_Bassmaster.

PREDICT your '06 Hawg - REVISITED

I stumbled across this thread while looking at some older posts.  I don't think it's been brought up yet .....

http://www.bassresource.com/bass_fishing_forums/YaBB.pl?num=1142565867

So how did we do????

Me,

7 lbs. here in Kansas is a good mark to shoot for.

I fell one pound short, but I believe I did have her on once.  Lost it right at the boat.

Nothing remotely close for me. I think when I responded last year I must have been thinking about 2007. ::)

I predicted a 7lb and managed a 6.9lb

this years hawg : 8lb  :)

I wanted a 6# smallie.....I fell short.....way short.

Considering, until 2006, my PB was about a pound, the 3 pounder this summer by far was a new PB.  Now onto 2007 where I am shooting for my first 5+.

Glad I didn't predict. Last year was my worst year fishing ever for either big or small bass.  

Guest avid

Was going for an 8lber but could only manage 7.6 close but not cigar.

I want to hear from Cap'n Cali

Yo Cap'n HOW DID YOU DO  

I wanted a 10 in 06 but could only manage one 7 pounder and several 4's and a few 5's.  For 07 I will leave it at 10

I wanted a 9 lber, never saw one that big this year. My biggest of the year was a 6 1/4 lber. during the summer.

For smallies, I wanted to break 5 1/4 lbs. I only got 4 1/4 lbs. (2 of them though, on the same day in a tourny ;D

Prediction:

-LM= 7 1/2 lbs.

-SM= 6 lbs.                    BRING IT ON!!!!!!!!! CANT WIT TILL  SPRING

I said I wanted an 8.  I got a few with the sweetest being an 8.2 in rhode island.  Also caught an 8 at varner and one at Nunya.  Lots of 7's, strangely no 6's and plenty of 5's and 4's.

I believe i predicted 6, which i fell just short of, but not much. This year, i want a 6 lb. bass, but not out of a farm pond. All of my 5+lb bass have come out of this farm pond, i dont feel like a really talented fisherman when i catch them in a 5 acre body of water. I also want a 6lb smallmouth.

Hold a sec, i just looked it up. Here were my predictions, and actuall catches

PREDICTIONS ACTUAL

largemouth 7 6ish

walleye 12 10

salmonoid 13 14

catfish 25 10

pike 15 10

smallmouth 5 4

could have done worse.

KU- Sorry about that, I clicked on the link to read what I had predicted and accidently replied on that thread, bringing it up to the front.  I'll fix it.

I'm guessing 7lbs even in my home lake.  Fork could hold somthing special but that wouldn't count to me.

I did very well this year but had the opportunity to spen about 5X more time on water than I was expecting to.  Literally.

Predicted 7, hit an 8.3 and a a few high 6's

My goal was a 5 lber...but I fell short by about 1 1/2 lbs. I was the polar opposite of LBH last year though. I spent a lot less time on the water than I was expecting to last year. I also spent an absolute ton of prime fishing time laid up from late May through half of September.  :P

Glad I didn't predict. Last year was my worst year fishing ever for either big or small bass.  

Same for me regarding big bass.  I caught a few 5's, but no hawgs at all.  

I wasnt around for the start of that thread....so i guess I beat my estimate?  LOL

I was shooting for 6# ended up with 5lb 14oz. So, so close!  :)

6oz.  Thats my prediction I dont want to curse myself.

Hopefully I will catch one over 7.5lbs though that would break my PB and I have 2 great lakes to break it in.

Well I met both of those.  I caught several around 6 oz. and I caught one right at about 7.5.  

07 I'm shootin for 8+

I couldn't get the old post to come up (or at least I wasn't patient enough).  I don't remember predicting, but I caught the one in my avatar last March.  My "new" scale registered "0" but I figure she'd go around 7 (that's what my elbow told me).  If I had predicted, that's probably what I would have hoped for anyway.

Missed my goal by 4lbs >:(..Said I wanted to break my record and get a 13lber..I am going to pull my bet back and go for 11lber this year..still think it will be before thunderstorm..

I may have not gotten a 5 pounder like I wanted, but I sure cleared out the dinks ;).