Sign in to follow this  
JellyMan

New Strike King "Shim E Stick" Review

Well I went into Walmart this evening to pick up a few things and ran across these.

Strike King "Shim E Stick" soft worms. They came in various color choices but I decided to go with the Watermelon Red & Black. Watermelon seed color with some red sparkles in there.

$2.98 for an 8 pack

0523092051.jpg

They look almost identical to the Senko worm but I will not spend $7.00 for a 10 pack. Plus the Senkos rip VERY easily. Yes I know it is because they are salt injected but I wont spend that much for a bait that I replace every bite I get. It would cost me around $20 per day of fishing with these things.

The Strike Kings Shim E Stick's seem to be MUCH tougher than the Senko's and more bendy. They also have a decent weight to them so no need for a weight. My Johnny Morris Baitcaster threw this bait with ease!

I also rinsed the salt off them because these things are LOADED with salt all over them and it's a mess. The salt is gone on the first cast anyways so it doesn't matter. I gave the bait after rinsing all the salt off a little taste with my toung and WOW. Still really salty!!! ;)

I also picked up the Lazer Sharp 5/0 wide gaps for these. You could go bigger but I think these will do just fine.

I took the Shim E Stick to my pool to check out the action on both a texas rig and a wacky rig. While hooked up texas style, it fell just like the Senko and had the same "wiggle" as she dropped. While rigged wacky, it had a bit more wiggle to it. Very great looking presentation and the biggest 2 plus's to it, 1/3 of the price and more durable!

I would recommend picking these up asap if you like Senko's.

0523092052.jpg

0523092058.jpg

I too would reccomend them. The action is incredible on them and I am a diehard yammy guy.This bait is so soft it actually undulates and swims when you reel it in.

I want to get more in some better colors but have only found them at Wallys so far.I got the green pumkin and the green pumkin/chart swirl which is an excellent color.

I am glad you posted it. ;)

I was also about to post the same review on here. I decided not to since this will obviously turn into a my senko is better than your senko thread. I can get 25 for $x.00 but they are stiff as leather,durable though.No I like tiki sticks.Dingers are better! Yada Yada blah blah blah.

If you have to use the swivel put it up about 12" above the bait and then run a leader it will work much better and help with the line twist.

I did guys lol.

I rigged it strait to line. I will let ya know if it twists up. I may fish today.

I have never even heard of these baits and that makes me sad because I love a good cheap stick bait..I wish they had them at the walmarts here

I saw them at the wal-mart here. I decided to buy a pack of Yamamoto senkos instead to see what all the hype was about. Before that all I had used were the tiki sticks.

I'm gonna pick a few packs of these next time i'm there.

I'm a die hard Senko fisherman! So I'm going to buy these guys and give them an honest test!!! I too hate paying so much for those guys and am willing to try other baits.  Tikki sticks are just OK IMO but hey they catch fish.

Are these a Walmart exclusive?

I googled them and all I got was lead back here.

Not even in Strike Kings catalog.

I'd like to give them a shot also but was at my local Walmart a few days ago and nada.

I don't believe it...my wally world actually has something most of your's doesn't..LOL  Colors are VERY limited, I think they carry 2 colors.....maybe I should stock up..?  :-/

Hmm...

Seems like every time a new knock-off is introduced,

"It's just as good as the original, more durable and cheaper!"

Amazing...

:;)

Hmm...

Amazing...

Agree,but was just saying that the action on these is indeed incredible.

Nothing is as good as the original,but I would gladly stock up on these in a heartbeat if Wally would actually carry some semblance of colors.Now let the trash fly :-X

Hmm...

Amazing...

Agree,but was just saying that the action on these is indeed incredible.

Nothing is as good as the original,but I would gladly stock up on these in a heartbeat if Wally would actually carry some semblance of colors.Now let the trash fly :-X

X2

If the action is as good as advertised, why not try them? Sometimes with a Senko, just setting the hook and missing ruins the bait. No doubt Senkos have the best, if not very close to the best action of this type bait. "Knock Off" sounds like a negative term. My wife has a "Knock Off" Coach purse that has served her well for 4 years now. Her friend had an original for 6 months before it fell apart. Maybe not the best analogy but you get my point.

Well, so much for the "review".

Let's move on.

Good night Irene.

-Kent  a.k.a. roadwarrior

Global Moderator