senile1

Late Fall - Early Winter Chunks

It's simple addition:  4 hours of free time + 42 degree water + nominally clear turbidity + Siebert Finesse jig + Cosmic Chunk trailer = chunky largemouths.

First Pic:  4 lb 9 oz

Second Pic:  5 lb 11 oz

P1010690.JPG

P1010691.JPG

• Like 15

Nice Fatties ~ 
Congrats 

:smiley:

A-Jay

• Like 1

i bet that was fun 👍

• Like 1

Nice December bass.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LionHeart said:

Nice fish man! How were you working the jig?

The deepest water in this lake is between 25 and 30 feet.  I was fishing the jig on the bottom in 17 - 22 feet of water among groups of trees that were closest to the deepest water.  I would toss it out, let it sink straight to the bottom before engaging the reel, and then let it sit for 10 - 20 seconds.  Then I would drag it slightly, let it sit some more, and so on.  Both of these fish were sitting in the middle of groups of trees and brush on bottom.  Sometimes I would have to drag the jig over limbs that were quite a few feet off the bottom, disengage the reel once it was over the limb, and let it fall straight down again to the bottom.

• Like 4

Nice chunky bass! Good job! I've been having a hard time locating the bass lately. Don't get to fish very often though, which certainly makes it even harder. Hopefully that'll change soon. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, senile1 said:

The deepest water in this lake is between 25 and 30 feet.  I was fishing the jig on the bottom in 17 - 22 feet of water among groups of trees that were closest to the deepest water.  I would toss it out, let it sink straight to the bottom before engaging the reel, and then let it sit for 10 - 20 seconds.  Then I would drag it slightly, let it sit some more, and so on.  Both of these fish were sitting in the middle of groups of trees and brush on bottom.  Sometimes I would have to drag the jig over limbs that were quite a few feet off the bottom, disengage the reel once it was over the limb, and let it fall straight down again to the bottom.

Way to scrape those big bass off the bottom . I bet it felt good to set the hook on those chunks .

• Like 2

You have a couple of nice winter bass right there.

• Like 1

great catch!  42 degree , you are tougher than me :sad1:

• Like 1