Any bass fishing guitarist?I been playing since a kid.

I play a pretty mean air guitar.

• Haha 2

Round 1: I tried when I was 13 lost interest because I wanted to play songs within the first week, plus I was trying to self teach. Sold the electric. 

Round 2: my father in-law who had played for 60 years (amazing guitarist) bought me an acoustic guitar and a learn to book to read while he worked in China. I had a 2 year old he was there 3 months to a time. I didn't really have time and shortly after he retired he passed away. 

Round 3: my son 5 at the time saw me playing around with it and wanted to learn, so we sign him up for lessons and I figured I learn from his lessons. The teacher you could tell hadn't taught kids before and my son got frustrated so that didn't last long. 

I still have a burning desire to learn to play. I inherited my father in law's really nice acoustic and I'd like to learn to play so I can play songs at Christmas time like he did. Life is just kind of crazy at this point but eventually I'll get there. My biggest problem is the chord transition, those got me every time. 

Thanks for sharing your story as far as chord progressions go they take time just practice, practice it will come,start off with easy chord progression,like the classic G,C,D its in just about every rock song ever made lol

My girl been with her long time

FB_IMG_1472819095613.jpg

• Like 4

Nah, drums:

13879447_1761485260797265_43607489183151

• Like 1

Yup. But haven't picked up for a while.

Taylor, Yamaha acoustic electric guitars.

• Like 1

Haven’t really played in years unfortunately, But used to be an avid drummer and guitarist.  Played in various hardcore punk and metal bands.  I can play guitar pretty well, but I skipped all the basics,  I can’t tell you what strings are which lol.  Tabs are easy.  

• Like 1

After 20+ years of playing (99% church stuff) I decided to try

Open D tuning. That was the bees knees for me. So darn easy

that I set out to play tons of different stuff in Open D.

I simply love the big open droney sound. Yeah, it isn't for every

style/song but doggonnit, it's fun, and so much easier on my fingers.

Oh, main reason I switched was due to a stupid clippers mistake

while trimming an out of control shrub in my yard. Almost lost

the tip of my left (fret hand) middle finger. Nerve damage. So

anything to reduce pressure helped. Open D was answer for me.

• Like 3

I got a alverez flat top, but played drums professionally for 14 years,,not able to play any longer since accident, but still love to hear great music, 

• Like 1

I play a little. Have an Epiphone Les Paul and a Yamaha acoustic 

• Like 1

I can't play a lick. I've always had a lot of respect for those who could though. I have loved guitar music my whole life. I still think about trying to learn all the time...even at 30. :lol:

On 7/4/2018 at 8:53 AM, lonnie g said:

I got a alverez flat top, but played drums professionally for 14 years,,not able to play any longer since accident, but still love to hear great music, 

I also have an Alvarez from the mid 70s, it’s a copy of a martin D35. Sweet guitar, still has the Brazilian rosewood 3 piece back 

• Like 2

On 7/3/2018 at 10:58 PM, Darren. said:

After 20+ years of playing (99% church stuff) I decided to try

Open D tuning.

Michelle's Les Paul has a drop D tuner, and we use that tuning on a few songs.  It fits her singing range, makes easier for her play while singing, and just sounds cool, mixed with our bassists 5-string with the low B string.

• Like 1

I am a Seagull fan, think it is just the best sounding acoustic guitar out there, certainly for the price. Always does great in tests against some bigger names, those also great guitars. The price point on an S-6 Original is hard to believe related to its quality.

I try to play about an hour a day, standard tuning, though I keep reading, and again here, about Drop D and other non-standard tunings and it has be tempted!

Okay, quiz of the day for guitarist/anglers (what a great combo!!!):

Why is a guitar's standard tuning: E A D G B E? 

Brad

16 minutes ago, Brad in Texas said:

I am a Seagull fan, think it is just the best sounding acoustic guitar out there, certainly for the price. Always does great in tests against some bigger names, those also great guitars. The price point on an S-6 Original is hard to believe related to its quality.

I try to play about an hour a day, standard tuning, though I keep reading, and again here, about Drop D and other non-standard tunings and it has be tempted!

Okay, quiz of the day for guitarist/anglers (what a great combo!!!):

Why is a guitar's standard tuning: E A D G B E? 

Brad

I've owned many guitars, and my seagull was far and away my favorite. 

I played in garage bands for about 10 years.  I pretty much quit playing in 2005 when my first daughter was born.  I pick it up about once a year, play for about an hour and tell myself I'm going to start up again, only to put it back in the closet for another year. 

• Like 1

Been playing off and on since since the late 60's. I have really taken it more serious in the last 6 months, try to play some everyday. Got a Taylor CE 714 Acoustic and a Fender '52 RI Tele with a Deluxe Reverb amp. Don't play the acoustic very much, much prefer electric.

Taylor 714 7.jpg

'52 2.jpg

• Like 2

I play a little nirvana that’s about it. Been messing around with the guitar since I was a kid but never stuck with it. 

I don't play the guitar much but I like hearing the music from Spanish guitars.

Robby Krieger played a mean Spanish style guitar.

75 deluxe gold top les Paul and a Statocaster. for now

I can hardly play the stereo, never mind a guitar, but my wife can play darn near anything that makes music. Her entire family plays at least one or two instruments. The one in the middle is a Gretsch Chet Atkins Tennessean from the 60s, she’s been offered huge $$ for it, but it came from her dad so it’s not going anywhere. 

70E616E9-35E1-400F-B3A7-62E92F2B643E.jpeg